Windows 10: Color Profile

Discus and support Color Profile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TexJim1003, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Color Profile

I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this?

:)

TexJim1003, Sep 23, 2022
  2. bobkn Win User

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

Color Profile [​IMG]

Color Profile [​IMG]

bobkn, Sep 23, 2022
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Color Profile

Screen color profile changes once a USB device is plugged.

Hi Maher,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only when connecting a USB device or it happens when you connect a HDMI/VGA cable?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, you can try calibrating the Display Color Profiles as per your requirement and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Color Management in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. Click on Calibrate Display, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
    4. If you want to change the Default system profile, then click on
      Change system defaults, click on the profile that you want to make default and click on
      Set as default to make the profile as the default profile.

For more information on Color Management, you can refer the article
    About Color Management

You can also, try updating the Display drivers and check if that helps. Please refer the steps in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . Here, after opening Device Manager, Expand Display adapters, and follow the steps mentioned in the article.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Color Profile

1. Color Profile - Similar Threads - Color Profile

2. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  3. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  4. Windows 10/11 changes display color profile on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 changes display color profile on its own: Hello,I have an issue, where when I boot to Windows, I can see that the colors on my display are way off. Then I open the settings app, go to System -> Display, and the correct color profile applies. After I close the Settings app and re-open it at any point, it changes again...
  5. Windows 10/11 changes display color profile on its own

Windows 10/11 changes display color profile on its own: Hello,I have an issue, where when I boot to Windows, I can see that the colors on my display are way off. Then I open the settings app, go to System -> Display, and the correct color profile applies. After I close the Settings app and re-open it at any point, it changes again...
  6. Windows 10/11 changes display color profile on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Problem printing pictures with embed Adobe RGB profile color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem printing pictures with embed Adobe RGB profile color: I have several pictures to print on Windows 11, some with embed sRGB color profile and some with embed AdobeRGB 1998 profile. If i open the pictures with photo viewer i can see them correctly but when i go to print them the "print pictures" preview doesn't show correctly the...
  8. Problem printing pictures with embed Adobe RGB profile color

Problem printing pictures with embed Adobe RGB profile color: I have several pictures to print on Windows 11, some with embed sRGB color profile and some with embed AdobeRGB 1998 profile. If i open the pictures with photo viewer i can see them correctly but when i go to print them the "print pictures" preview doesn't show correctly the...
  9. Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors: Hello community,i am struggling with this issue since some time now.I started my journey here where i asked why my Photo Viewer app is showing broken...
  10. Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors

Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors: Hello community,i am struggling with this issue since some time now.I started my journey here where i asked why my Photo Viewer app is showing broken...