Windows 10: Color Profiles Not Loading after installing Windows Feature Update on 6/6/2019

Discus and support Color Profiles Not Loading after installing Windows Feature Update on 6/6/2019 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am notifying the Community and Microsoft of a Video Card/Display Color Management issue that I have encountered on two of my computers after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dan_Johnson_110, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Color Profiles Not Loading after installing Windows Feature Update on 6/6/2019

I am notifying the Community and Microsoft of a Video Card/Display Color Management issue that I have encountered on two of my computers after successful installation of the Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903 on June 6, 2019.

I am running Windows Version 10 on two separate Laptop Computers

- Sony VAIO VPCF126FM with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Video Processor

- HP ZBook 17 G3 Mobile Workstation with a NVIDIA Quadro M3000M with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM Video Processor

I use a X-Rite Color Munki to calibrate my Monitors to ensure accurate color rendition for my photography business. It is absolutely critical that my screen colors match those of the image for accurate web display and printing.

Prior to installing the Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903 on June 6, 2019, both laptops would load the most recent color profile that I created on each laptop using the Color Munki and set as the default color profile. In each case, the computer would load the proper profile during the boot-up process.

Since installing the Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903 on June 6, 2019, neither laptop will load any color profiles during or after boot-up from a shutdown state. Using the Color Management Application has no effect and will not allow me to change the color profile from the drop down list.

If I RESTART the laptops, the computers will load the default color profile that I created with the Color Munki, just as it did prior to installing the Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903 on June 6, 2019. I am also able to select different Color Profiles using the Color Management Application after a RESTART.

If I SHUTDOWN the laptops, neither laptop will load any color profiles during or after boot-up from a shutdown state.

It appears that some changes were made in the Boot-up steps that are bypassing Color Management data, specifically the Color Profile, and setting the display to a default color scheme that is not calibrated for color accuracy.

I have contacted other Windows 10 Users who also calibrate their monitors with a Color Munki or other calibration tools and create computer-specific, display-specific color profiles to ensure color accuracy. They are experiencing exactly the same issue as I am.

This problem is creating a significant work-around for those of us who depend on custom color management profiles for color accuracy.

:)

Dan_Johnson_110, Jun 9, 2019

2. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 9, 2019
  3. HaoxuanFeng, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Color Profiles Not Loading after installing Windows Feature Update on 6/6/2019

Unable to load custom ICC color profile in Windows 10

My monitor requires a custom ICC color profile to display correctly. Under Windows 8.1, I was able to load this using the Color Management utility. After upgrading to Windows 10, the utility appears the same, however, I'm unable to load the profile.

The process I've been using is:

• open Color Management
    • Under the "Advanced" tab, click "Change system defaults"
    • Under the "Devices" tab, click "Add..."
    • Click "Browse..." in the popup window and locate the custom profile file and click "add"
    Then nothing happens. Under Windows 8.1, the custom profile would appear under the list of "Profiles associated with this device", but not in Windows 10.

Any fixes for this?

Dabarnyarddawg, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Color Profiles Not Loading after installing Windows Feature Update on 6/6/2019

1. Color Profiles Not Loading after installing Windows Feature Update on 6/6/2019 - Similar Threads - Color Profiles Loading

2. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update never install after 6 months: I never use the PC for 6 months and today I decided to restore it by using and updating Windows. This PC never change any components so I decided to update my system. I got plenty of updates showing in settings and when I try to update I receive error message. How can I fully...
  3. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update never install after 6 months: I never use the PC for 6 months and today I decided to restore it by using and updating Windows. This PC never change any components so I decided to update my system. I got plenty of updates showing in settings and when I try to update I receive error message. How can I fully...
  4. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 (6)

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 (6): Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 (6) Six Times trying! Last failed install attempt on ‎23-‎Sep-‎19 - 0x80070005 Stops at about 27% Could the problem be that windows 10 is not activated. Changed motherboard....
  6. This Week on Xbox: September 6, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: September 6, 2019: tZtxRC2GjM8 We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  7. Windows 10 update 1903 8/6/2019

Windows 10 update 1903 8/6/2019: Windows updated last night - version 1903. I can't see much else about the update because I am logged on with a temporary profile and am told that I need a 'new app' to see what's new. What's new is that all of my personal settings are gone, I don't get logged in to OneDrive,...
  8. Windows 10 update 6/14/2019 infinite loading screen

Windows 10 update 6/14/2019 infinite loading screen: as the title suggests Since the new update I can no longer access my desktop normally, after logging in I get stuck in an infinite loading screen with no way out but restarting. I have tried: - rebooting several times - running recovery (this has failed according to...
  9. Surface pro 6 BSOD after April 2019 updates installation

Surface pro 6 BSOD after April 2019 updates installation: I install the April 2019 updates of Surface pro 6 then restart. Everytime when I type the correct password or verify by Windows Hello, Windows will crash with a BSOD: system_service_exception. The advanced boot option cannot uninstall the latest updates and it will also crash...
  10. 6 hour Feature update :-/

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    6 hour Feature update :-/: I booted my Win10 machine up and it ended up d/ling something it just called "feature upgrade to version 1709", no other details. took yonks to d/l, hours to install, then about another hour to prepare then when i booted up again my lock screen is now showing a different...