Windows 10: Color tones or white balance keeps changing depending on what is being displayed on the screen

Discus and support Color tones or white balance keeps changing depending on what is being displayed on the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem with my screen: color tones are off, being shifted towards yellow. Strangely, the extent of the shift depends on the overall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by noemiette, Mar 2, 2019.

1. noemiette Win User

Color tones or white balance keeps changing depending on what is being displayed on the screen

Hi

I have a problem with my screen: color tones are off, being shifted towards yellow. Strangely, the extent of the shift depends on the overall brightness of what is being display. For example, this browser page is very white, so the shift towards yellow is very strong (it does not only affect the browser, as the search prompt of the task bar is also very yellow). However, if I overlay Spotify (black) on half the screen, then the color of what was yellow (browser or search prompt) turns whiter. Yet, you cqn still see it is yellowish, even in Spotify. If I put spotify full screen, the shift towards yellow is almost completely gone. So it seems that for some reason the display constantly adapts the color tone or the white balance depending on the overall luminosity or colors being displayed. I updated my graphic card drivers (Geforce GT640) and my Screen (Asus PB238), without success. I didn't find help anywhere online, as the problem is not straightforwardly explainable. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

:)

noemiette, Mar 2, 2019

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Ralph San Win User
    How do I change my monitor back to color--it changed to black & white?

Hi Charles,

There are several reasons why you're monitor switched to black and white. To be able to change it back to colored, try to check if these ideas will work:

• Make sure that your monitor cable connector is in tact (un-plug and re-plug the cable, and make sure it's properly connected).

• Changing screen display will depend on your monitor's model. Kindly check the manufacturer's website on how to manage the screen display options.

• Make sure that you have the latest driver installed.

You can also check the support articles below, these will guide you if you're having trouble with your Windows monitor:

Keep us updated.

Ralph San, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Pj 2016 Win User

Color tones or white balance keeps changing depending on what is being displayed on the screen

HOW TO CHANGE COLOR OF WHITE IN MOST SCREENS TO A SOFT COLOR ??

MOST SCREENS ARE WHITE..I NEED SOFT COLOR...WHITE GIVES ME A HEADACHE....HOW CAN I DO THAT..I WENT INTO COLOR CHANGES BUT ONLY CHANGED DESKTOP AND FRAME OF WINDOW....

Pj 2016, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Color tones or white balance keeps changing depending on what is being displayed on the screen - Similar Threads - Color tones white

2. White Balance Auto-Changes Based On Screen Content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Balance Auto-Changes Based On Screen Content: Depending on what is on my screen, the white balance of the screen changes. It is most noticeable when going from the screen having little pure white on it such as https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php to one with a lot of pure white on it such as this webpage; the white will...
  3. White Balance Auto-Changes Based On Screen Content

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Balance Auto-Changes Based On Screen Content: Depending on what is on my screen, the white balance of the screen changes. It is most noticeable when going from the screen having little pure white on it such as https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php to one with a lot of pure white on it such as this webpage; the white will...
  4. White Balance Auto-Changes Based On Screen Content

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Screen changing brightens depending on how white or black the screen is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen changing brightens depending on how white or black the screen is: Hi Microsoft Community, This is my first post and I would like to make it short and clear, but it will be hard :I have a almost the same problem as person from Screen dims or brightens depending on how white or black the screen is - Microsoft CommunityI have computer Dell...
  6. Screen changing brightens depending on how white or black the screen is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen changing brightens depending on how white or black the screen is: Hi Microsoft Community, This is my first post and I would like to make it short and clear, but it will be hard :I have a almost the same problem as person from Screen dims or brightens depending on how white or black the screen is - Microsoft CommunityI have computer Dell...
  7. Screen changing brightens depending on how white or black the screen is

8. Help stop color shifting depending on what is currently displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help stop color shifting depending on what is currently displayed: Hello, I have a problem and I already try to google it but I can't find the solution to my problem yet. So I just got a used monitor, and the weird thing is the color keep shifting. If I am opening a word document the white will be cool white. But if I'm opening a mostly dark...
  9. white color tone is yellowish

white color tone is yellowish: how to adjust white color tone within windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-color-tone-is-yellowish/d39721eb-3d87-467b-9c74-f8b18cc207ce
  10. Color tones or white balance

Color tones or white balance: The screen color is changing depending on the overall brightness of what is being displayed. The color tones are shifted towards yellow. I tried to update my graphic card drivers Geforce GT640 and my screen on Asus PB238 without any success....