Windows 10: Color type kindle device wanted --any such animal

Discus and support Color type kindle device wanted --any such animal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there Is there anybody now about to release a larger screen (say approx 10 ins) that displays color -- it mist be an e-reader not an LCD / tablet --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Jan 17, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Color type kindle device wanted --any such animal

Hi there
    Is there anybody now about to release a larger screen (say approx 10 ins) that displays color -- it mist be an e-reader not an LCD / tablet -- color e-ink has been out for a while now and I'm surprised there hasn't been a market developed yet for this type of device. I love using e-readers but if you want to load a cookery book or a technical manual you really do need to see the color diagrams.

There is a chinese only device which appears to have all the correct characteristics but it's only available in China (OK that's not a mega problem) but all the menus etc are only in chinese although apparently it can display european text fonts for european e-books and the internet restricts to baidu service or whatever.

iReader C6 Color E INK e-Reader - Good e-Reader

I'm surprised nobody yet in the West hasn't starting manufacturing this type of device yet -- although some might have now -- anything from CES for example.

Anybody found a good color e-reader (not please an e-reader not an LCD type device - there;s a huge difference -- try reading an LCD screen in bright sun / dayloght comapred with e-readers !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Kindle and windows 10

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details provided in this thread, you can troubleshoot your
    Kindle Fire
    by updating the
    MTP USB Device driver. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Device Manager
      and hit
      Enter.

• Click
      View
      and choose
      Show hidden devices.

• Locate
      Kindle Fire
      in your
      Device Manager,
      right-click
      and choose
      Update driver.

• A popup window will appear and choose
      "Browse my computer for driver software".

• Click on
      "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".

• Select
      Portable Devices
      and click
      Next.

• Uncheck
      the
      "Show compatible hardware"
      checkbox, select
      MTP USB Device
      and click
      Next.

• Restart
      PC.

After updating the
    MTP USB Device driver, update your
    Kindle Fire
    and check if there are any changes.

Let us know how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 17, 2021
  3. USB connected device, Amazon kindle, icon not recognized. How to fix?

Hi AdrienneSolomon,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing issues with connecting the Amazon Kindle to your Windows 10 computer. This could be caused by an outdated driver, loose USB port, or an issue with the device being connected.

I would like to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you encountering this issue only when connecting the Amazon Kindle device
    • Have you tried connecting another USB device? If so, are you experiencing the same issue?
    • Have you tried connecting the Amazon Kindle device to another USB port or another computer?
    • Is the Amazon Kindle device detected under Device Manager? (To check, press
      Windows key
      + X on your keyboard. Select Device Manager. Look for it under Universal Serial Bus Controller or Other Devices.)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. On the Start menu, type Troubleshoot and then hit Enter.
    2. Under Find and fix other problems, click Hardware and Devices, and then select
      Run the troubleshooter.

Updating the driver can also help. You can refer to this article
    on how to update driver in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jan 17, 2021
  4. BigFatBoy Win User

Question: a Tablet or a Kindle Fire

a Tablet or a Kindle Fire
    this question is not W10 specific, it does have to do with digital devices and internet communication.

i have a basic kindle e-reader that needs to be replace.
    I know nothing about "tablets"; i do all my work on a W10 PC.
    Q; what can i do on a tablet that i can not do on a Kindle Fire....
    Your suggestions are appreciated.

BigFatBoy, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Color type kindle device wanted --any such animal - Similar Threads - Color type kindle

2. Kindle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kindle: app does not display page properly with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle/0c3c6976-66b0-4500-b05c-4a5f80c7125a
  3. Kindle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kindle: app does not display page properly with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle/0c3c6976-66b0-4500-b05c-4a5f80c7125a
  4. Kindle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Kindle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Kindle: I've been given a Kindle book. Signed up at Amazon to receive the free Kindle app. Can't find any instructions for how to accept (install) it on my laptop. Where is it supposed to go?...
  6. Kindle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kindle: I "ejected" Kindle from my apps but am not sure I should have done so. Can I re-install it? If so, how? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle/0db5990e-1920-436d-bfaa-8b139cdd8397
  7. Any compatible app to Kindle

Any compatible app to Kindle: Recently purchased the Surface Go w/Windows 10 for mobile productivity. However, I was thinking that it would be awesomely cool to have access to my Kindle app, which it doesn't appear to be compatible w/the Surface Go. I found that there is a Kindle Cloud Reader,...
  8. Kindle

Kindle: my kindle won't open on my windows 10. Its a black screen and when I click on the screen it goes away. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/kindle/4fd04497-32b4-4464-a060-755c50f76d83
  9. Are there any pointer splash animations.. cos I don't want them.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Are there any pointer splash animations.. cos I don't want them.: With Windows 7 there where splash animations when in photoshop and other places... they took much internet research to get rid of and I was thankful I had bought the Premium version as it was easier to get rid of them. Hope this link posts... it takes you to the main 'cure'...
  10. Animations and Typing Lag Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Animations and Typing Lag Problem: When I am typing, the letters show always late. When there is animation, example the loading animation, opening start menu or search, it would be sluggish. I include also the start menu delay in opening up. I hope that you guys can help me with this. Thank You very much for...