Windows 10: Colors became washed-out/dull after GPU driver reinstall.

Discus and support Colors became washed-out/dull after GPU driver reinstall. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have RTX 2060 GPU and after reinstalling graphics driver a couple times in an attempt to fix black screen issue, my screen colors became washed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nassim423, May 20, 2020.

1. Nassim423 Win User

Colors became washed-out/dull after GPU driver reinstall.

I have RTX 2060 GPU and after reinstalling graphics driver a couple times in an attempt to fix black screen issue, my screen colors became washed out... blacks aren't as dark as they were, and colors not as vibrant as before. Everything is dull, including games, desktop, etc. I never set custom color settings before, always default. I have a color-accurate monitor and want the colors to be as accurate as possible.

I checked nvidia settings and they are using full dynamic range, not limited. What is going on here and how to do I get my colors back?

:)

Nassim423, May 20, 2020

2. My laptop automatically updated to windows 10 last night, now the colors seems washed out and dull

Hello

thanks for the answer, but it think you didn't quite understand my query.

My problem is the colors of everything being dull and washed out, for example is a picture lets say, before the update, the colors seemed more vibrant, after the update, the colors appear to be dull and washed out, like the color green isn't as vibrant
    as it appears on the picture in this laptop with windows 10 compared to the same picture in a windows 8.1

It has nothing to do with the windows 10 theme at all, it seems like my screen shows colors not as vibrant as before, if you still don't get the query, kindly just tell me how to get back to windows 8.1, this bug is interfering with my work.

Thank you

StephenDela Cruz, May 20, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

I wonder why nobody has suggested the OP to make a screenshot of display showing these "washed out colors"? Everything I have read in this thread suggests that the issue is not in Windows, but instead in display / monitor.

My suggestion: next time you'll see these washed out colors, make a screenshot and post it here. If the screenshot shows us that colors are OK, then the issue is your monitor failing.

Tutorials you might need:

4. Colors became washed-out/dull after GPU driver reinstall.

Dull screen needs help

Bulldogxx I tried both ways suggested the article that offered step by step and neither system solved the dull colors, dull screen problem. All they did was rearrange my desktop. Any other suggestions?

Sorry about the sassy rejoinder to your sassy remark, I think they are both funny now that I am old and don't take myself seriously.

karencarpenterZA, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Colors became washed-out/dull after GPU driver reinstall.

1. Colors became washed-out/dull after GPU driver reinstall. - Similar Threads - Colors became washed

2. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  3. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  4. Washed out monitor colors after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Washed out monitor colors after update: Hello!I still have a problem I created a question about, which is for some reason locked, without any response to it!I am using programs to draw images, and for that I have calibrated my second monitor connected to my laptop with a Spyder 5 pro. This monitor is a BenQ RL2455...
  5. Washed out colors after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Washed out colors after update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Severe_Alternative19 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwjaxh/washed_out_colors_after_update/
  6. Washed out / faded colors on Windows10 Reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Washed out / faded colors on Windows10 Reinstall: Hi, I had to reset my Acer Nitro5 (AMD Radeon RX 560X) and install a fresh copy of Windows (19042.685) and since the colors have been very messed up. Fully washed out, text is not properly visible, hues are very off, night light keeps turning off momentarily in between...
  7. Colors dull and washed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colors dull and washed out: The colors on my Lenovo Yoga C740 are washed out and dull. I tried to calibrate it but that didn't work. Is there a fix for this, or is it just my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colors-dull-and-washed-out/b2a7fd3f-ae8a-4971-afb2-e1bfb6c2223e
  8. Turning HDR makes color washed out and dull. Fullscreen in games ignores color settings.

Turning HDR makes color washed out and dull. Fullscreen in games ignores color settings.: I just bought a vesa certified hdr400 monitor and when I turn on windows HDR it looks more like the gamma just got cranked up. I can go turn the contrast up in nvidia control panel and it sort of balances out, but when I go fullscreen in games it lookes pale and washed out as...
  9. Washed out colors after update.

Washed out colors after update.: Is there any logs where i can check what settings has been changed? Cause after i update my windows 10 to version 2004, the colors became washed out. I tried restoring to previous version but it didn't help. It was completely fine before i update my os and now it's messed up....
  10. Washed out monitor colors after Nvidia driver install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Washed out monitor colors after Nvidia driver install: Hello. I'm having a real frustrating problem with color accuracy/picture quality. Maybe I'm missing something obviuos but I have trawled the internet for answers. My setup: Windows 10 updated Nvidia 980ti Acer XB270HU -Displayport ASUS VG258 -Displayport 442.50 drivers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dull colours on window 10 after driver installation