Windows 10: Colors don't appear on tiles

Discus and support Colors don't appear on tiles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In the settings, it previews the tiles in the start menu as red, but when I apply it and open start, nothing about the start menu changes. All tiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/daysofthunder1843, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Colors don't appear on tiles

In the settings, it previews the tiles in the start menu as red, but when I apply it and open start, nothing about the start menu changes. All tiles are grey instead of red. Could someone help me, please?

submitted by /u/daysofthunder1843
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/daysofthunder1843, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Jan 10, 2021
  3. How do change the color of the tile?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you referring to Windows live tiles?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

1. Type Color Settings in the search bar and select the same.

2. Under choose a color, turn off Automatically pick a color from my background.

3. Select a color and check.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 10, 2021
  4. steve108 Win User

Colors don't appear on tiles

Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

Look at post #1 - nothing was said about blue or any other specific color *Smile We should be able to choose via M$ Windows without jumping through hoops.

steve108, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Colors don't appear on tiles

1. Colors don't appear on tiles - Similar Threads - Colors don't appear

2. Tiles Not Changing Color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiles Not Changing Color: Why some of my tiles calendar, groove music, photos, etc. have different background colors?It's actually my old color scheme, now I changed it but some apps didn't update it. It bugged me for so longPlease help, sorry for my bad english...
  3. Tiles Not Changing Color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiles Not Changing Color: Why some of my tiles calendar, groove music, photos, etc. have different background colors?It's actually my old color scheme, now I changed it but some apps didn't update it. It bugged me for so longPlease help, sorry for my bad english...
  4. Tiles Not Changing Color

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Tiles are appearing over another

Tiles are appearing over another: Whenever I try to move a tile on start or into a folder, pin a tile or resize a tile the tiles appear over other. Also, sometimes a tile becomes duplicate and start panel totally freezes, I also don't get to move it anywhere, directly then I've to unpin it and then do that...
  6. Tile color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tile color: [ATTACH] Hello! I love the new Windows 10 UI, but some tiles don't have the same colors. Is there a way to fix this or is it a windows / adobe bug? https://preview.redd.it/8mjtb1t7yzv51.jpg?width=657&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5c5595a047c4422a26952c655fb44dd14ef50f71...
  7. Live tiles don't work

Live tiles don't work: Do live tiles work in windows 10 home? Because they don't work here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles-dont-work/e40ceced-cc56-4dd1-b8d7-acbec8a1957c
  8. My Tiles don't work

My Tiles don't work: My Tiles don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tiles-dont-work/8732fd5f-e391-4299-9fa6-37afcaecc2fa
  9. Changing the color of a single tile

Changing the color of a single tile: I really like how Microsoft combined the old start menu with the new Metro style tiles. There is only one problem though: How do I even change the color for a single individual tile? I know I can change the color of every tile, but how about only one? 30510
  10. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729