Windows 10: Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared

Discus and support Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This problem of mine started yesterday, after Windows 10, version 20H2 Feature Update. No hardware or other software changes. Everything works just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daskaa, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Daskaa Win User

Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared

This problem of mine started yesterday, after Windows 10, version 20H2 Feature Update. No hardware or other software changes. Everything works just fine, it's just mildly annoying and I would like a solution if anyone can give me one. I posted a photo of what the Start Menu looks like right now-all the tiles have a grey background, even Microsoft Teams which usually overrides the default color with purple.

Thanks in advance and stay safe.

Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared 2ba0d4f2-079d-440c-b263-2ab7a998f1e7?upload=true.png

:)

Daskaa, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Spike Win User
    start menu tile colors

I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same.
    Thanks

Spike, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Trapper Win User

Start menu tiles and Notification/Open Action Centre dissappeared!

Strange, my start menu left click that used to open the coloured start menu with 'tiles' has stopped working. I can only right click to access the 'grey' listing. If I do left click I see the blue spinning wheel for a couple of seconds but nothing appears.
    Also the icon for 'New Notifications' has stopped as well, when clicked I used to see a slide out popup asking me if I would recommend W10 to a friend but not now. If I right click to 'Open Action Centre' nothing happens.

Any suggestions as to how to fix them?

Many thanks.

Trapper, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared - Similar Threads - Colors Start Menu

2. A start menu tile is a different color

in Windows 10 Customization
    A start menu tile is a different color: Hello!I've had this problem for a while now, basically a start menu tile picture below is slightly lighter then the others. I'm running version 21H1, so the tiles should be all the same color.Got any idea?...
  3. Start Menu Tile Colors Inconsistent

Start Menu Tile Colors Inconsistent: The tile background colors on my Start Menu have been showing different colors for different apps. Even apps installed through the same suite are inconsistent, such as Adobe programs. Other apps, such as Spotify, seem to use custom colors, which have always been the case....
  4. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  5. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  6. Different color of tiles in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different color of tiles in the start menu.: [ATTACH] Yes, I have a problem again. I hope it's the last one. Some tiles of the background is brighter than the other. I saw a similar post about 2 weeks ago, but I lost it. P.s.:the system has Russian installed, because I am from Russia....
  7. Different colored tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Different colored tiles in Start Menu: Windows 10 Pro Does anyone know what the significance of the highlighted items might mean? Googling this turned up empty. Mighty thankful for your help. 149708
  8. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729
  9. Start menu tiles and Notification/Open Action Centre dissappeared!

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles and Notification/Open Action Centre dissappeared!: Strange, my start menu left click that used to open the coloured start menu with 'tiles' has stopped working. I can only right click to access the 'grey' listing. If I do left click I see the blue spinning wheel for a couple of seconds but nothing appears. Also the icon for...
  10. Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons: [img] I'm wondering if there's currently a way to remove the ugly as hell tile background from icons located in the Start Menu. In other words, I just want the ICON to show. I really like the Windows 10 start menu (especially after removing the entire tile-set to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu tile colors missing