Windows 10: Colors on a Dark Background

Discus and support Colors on a Dark Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This thread is for discussion of and experimentation with colors on dark backgrounds. What works for you in a light background doesn't work for me on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wynona, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Wynona Win User

Colors on a Dark Background

This thread is for discussion of and experimentation with colors on dark backgrounds. What works for you in a light background doesn't work for me on a dark background.

For years, those with eye problems have begged Microsoft to give us a choice between a dark and light background. Microsoft has finally heard us. Not only that, but OEMs, websites, Firefox, etc. have followed Microsoft's example and also give us dark backgrounds.

However, as with coding, sometimes the new feature breaks something else. In the case of dark backgrounds, colors can be broken. The worst "offender" for me is bolded blue!

As an example, I use Windows 10 and when I run "winver", I get bright white! Ugh!

Colors on a Dark Background [​IMG]

The best description I can give for this is . . . It's like walking outside into bright sunlight!

So, let's all check out our fave colors and see what happens with them on a dark background. I haven't used blue to emphasize a word or phrase, but I have used other colors and probably had an epic fail!

:)

Wynona, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Wynona Win User

This thread is for discussion of and experimentation with colors on dark backgrounds. What works for you in a light background doesn't work for me on a dark background.

For years, those with eye problems have begged Microsoft to give us a choice between a dark and light background. Microsoft has finally heard us. Not only that, but OEMs, websites, Firefox, etc. have followed Microsoft's example and also give us dark backgrounds.

However, as with coding, sometimes the new feature breaks something else. In the case of dark backgrounds, colors can be broken. The worst "offender" for me is bolded blue!

As an example, I use Windows 10 and when I run "winver", I get bright white! Ugh!

The best description I can give for this is . . . It's like walking outside into bright sunlight!

So, let's all check out our fave colors and see what happens with them on a dark background. I haven't used blue to emphasize a word or phrase, but I have used other colors and probably had an epic fail!

Wynona, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Corona Win User

I like gray or any neutral color as a reading background. Black and white are horrible. That's how Beethoven went deaf.

Corona, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Colors on a Dark Background - Similar Threads - Colors Dark Background

2. Task Manager Background Color Dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Background Color Dark: I changed my personalization color settings as showing in the attached photos. My default color for app mode is light but when I open task manager, my background color is dark. I want to change the background color to light mode but the only way I can is to change default...
  3. Task Manager Background Color Dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Background Color Dark: I changed my personalization color settings as showing in the attached photos. My default color for app mode is light but when I open task manager, my background color is dark. I want to change the background color to light mode but the only way I can is to change default...
  4. colors of background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    colors of background: I don't have any idea what I did. The background right now is black. So is the taskbar, desktop, etc. There are still icons showing, but I have tried all the settings ideas and it doesn't change it back to the white background that it used to have and the blue taskbar, plus...
  5. colors of background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    colors of background: I don't have any idea what I did. The background right now is black. So is the taskbar, desktop, etc. There are still icons showing, but I have tried all the settings ideas and it doesn't change it back to the white background that it used to have and the blue taskbar, plus...
  6. background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    background color: my screen has changed to a black background for games etc and I wish to turn it back to white. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-color/0e685942-3818-49bb-bd2b-fae2c3eff17a
  7. background colors

background colors: A couple days ago, when Windows 10 performed its automatic update, I was left with the color of my backgrounds all black. I want my taskbar black, my desktop a picture and all other backgrounds white. I was able to get the picture back on the desktop BUT, I cannot have the...
  8. Background color

Background color: I somehow managed to change my background color to black. Not Good. New to 10. Don't know how I made change; therefore, I am unable to find out how to change it to something else. Somehow changed color on front first page to color I wanted on every page there after....
  9. background color

background color: How do I go back to default background color? I played around and pushed the wrong buttons and it is a mess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-color/4356bbb0-f945-4328-899c-6a45f00714e4
  10. Dark Background

Dark Background: I just picked up a new surface pro, and I am not able to get the office / windows product to display anything other than a black background, which I really do not like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-background/8b65415e-8ad8-4b57-b5f4-0e7c38ec2ebc