Windows 10: Colors wash out when playing videos

Discus and support Colors wash out when playing videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I have this issue for quite a while. I noticed when playing a movie or a video on a video player (i tried VLC, Windows Media Player, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NóraHorváth, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Colors wash out when playing videos

Hello!

I have this issue for quite a while. I noticed when playing a movie or a video on a video player (i tried VLC, Windows Media Player, and the desktop app for Netflix) the picture changes sometimes to a really washed out color and it changes back after a while. I also noticed it only appeares in full screen mode, and when i move the mouse, it immediatelly reverts back to the normal colors.

It is really annoying and I can not seem to find a fix.

Please help me.

Some information that might help:

I have -

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
    Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 (version 25.20.100.6446 (2018. 11. 19.))

:)

NóraHorváth, Jul 23, 2019

2. Windows Media Player color is washed out

Whenever I attempt to play a video in Windows Media Player for Windows 10 the color is washed out. This is only with Windows Media Player. Movies & TV works fine. Can anyone assist me with this issue?

DonnellRojas, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Trimmed Videos in Photos App are washed out

If i trim a clip of a video and trim out the beginning then the rest of the video will be washed out. I tested it and it only washes out the video if you trim out the beginning of the video. If the trim include the beginning then the colors will be normal
    for the rest of the trim.

GabeYungbluth, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Colors wash out when playing videos

Washed out colors

I've been watching videos when suddenly my Movies & Tv app colors were washed out. They return after hours sometimes it takes days. Colors related to 7red becomes gray. I cannot watch properly and its so annoying. I've been using windows 7 before and no
    matter how long nor how many videos I watch my media player never experienced problem such as this. Please kindly fix this.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

Carol ShaneReyes, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Colors wash out when playing videos

1. Colors wash out when playing videos - Similar Threads - Colors wash playing

2. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  3. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  4. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. colors get washed out

colors get washed out: The problem has showed up out of nowhere. When I turned on my PC, the colors have changed and seemed like washed out. I tried to reboot the PC but it didn’t help. I’d had bright colors before....
  6. Colors dull and washed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colors dull and washed out: The colors on my Lenovo Yoga C740 are washed out and dull. I tried to calibrate it but that didn't work. Is there a fix for this, or is it just my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colors-dull-and-washed-out/b2a7fd3f-ae8a-4971-afb2-e1bfb6c2223e
  7. My video's colors look washed out!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My video's colors look washed out!: I got this computer about a week ago, and since the beginning I have been experiencing problems with my video playbacks. My general display looks fine, but if I look back on a video that I recorded in "Windows Photos" or "Movies and TV" the colors look washed out, and have...
  8. Washed out colors after update.

Washed out colors after update.: Is there any logs where i can check what settings has been changed? Cause after i update my windows 10 to version 2004, the colors became washed out. I tried restoring to previous version but it didn't help. It was completely fine before i update my os and now it's messed up....
  9. Washed out Taskbar Color

Washed out Taskbar Color: I left my computer on while I ran a few errands this morning. Was gone about an hour and a half. When I returned and brought my screen back to life, I noticed my Taskbar was no longer anywhere near the color it had been - a slightly-lighter shade of my dark green background...
  10. HDR and Washed out colors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR and Washed out colors: What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the...