Windows 10: colour calibration is not working

Discus and support colour calibration is not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; colour calibration is not working - i go through the calibration process but it keeps reverting to the original "red" tone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by upswing2, Nov 29, 2018.

1. upswing2 Win User

colour calibration is not working

colour calibration is not working - i go through the calibration process but it keeps reverting to the original "red" tone

:)

upswing2, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Scirocco Win User

Fall Creators Update Colour Calibration Issue

Hello folks, first post on here.

My problem is the Fall Creators Update seems to have an issue with colour calibration - I have quite an old calibration tool by modern standards which is a Pantone Huey Pro, but it's worked perfectly from Windows 7 until the FC Update. Now the ICC profile won't stick and the screen is very bright with a magenta cast. I see other people are having problems with colour calibration with this update.

I've gone into Task Scheduler and tried disabling the Calibration Loader in 'Windows Colour System', then gone through the calibration procedure again as other forum posts have suggested, and all looks good until the moment comes to save the profile and exit the calibration procedure, then Windows reverts to the bright screen with magenta cast and loses the calibrated settings.

I'm a photographer so I'll need to get this sorted otherwise I can't accurately edit my photos. I've previously rolled back Windows but within days the FC Update forcibly installs again. Very frustrating!

Can anyone help me please?

Computer Specs:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz Kaby Lake
    16.0GB Dual-Channel @ 1066MHz
    Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z270P-D3-CF (U3E1)
    Ilyama PL2377 Monitor
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte)

Scirocco, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Colour Calibration

Hi Susan,

What's the exact HP model you have? I'll research the model and find you the instructions we need to get the colour calibration done.

Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Nov 29, 2018
  4. colour calibration is not working

Colour Calibration

Hi, thank you for your reply, it's a HP Notebook Device Name: LAPTOP9S8AUIJM and I'm running Windows 10.

I know how to get to the Calibrator and even how to work through it manually but I need the screen colour to be spot on as I take a lot of Photos which I put up for sale.

Thank You

Susan

susanmundell, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

colour calibration is not working

1. colour calibration is not working - Similar Threads - colour calibration working

2. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display colour calibration not working: When I try to go into display colour calibration, it does not work when I try to adjust anything, the gamma or contrast or brightness, I move the sliders up/down and it doesn't change anything.I'm on a fresh install windows 10 22H2, fully updated with the latest display...
  3. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    display colour calibration not working: When I try to go into display colour calibration, it does not work when I try to adjust anything, the gamma or contrast or brightness, I move the sliders up/down and it doesn't change anything.I'm on a fresh install windows 10 22H2, fully updated with the latest display...
  4. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. colour calibration not working when playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    colour calibration not working when playing games: hi, so i modified my display color using colour calibration by windows 10, but when i start a game it does not work anymore. if i show my desktop and go back to the game and its fixed. but if i close the game and reopen it, the color reverts back to the stock settings. no...
  6. win10 colour calibration resetting.

win10 colour calibration resetting.: As the title suggests i have made a custom ICC profile using the windows 10 colour calibration, the issue is that i need to open the colour management every time i start my pc even though it is set as the default colour profile which is an inconvenience along with every time...
  7. Colour Calibration Help

Colour Calibration Help: I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my laptop's monitor and I figured I'd try coming here for advice. The picture attached on the bottom has the colours of what my internal and external monitor display. As far as I know, my external monitor is displaying the...
  8. Colour Calibration wont' save

Colour Calibration wont' save: I have a HP Pavilion 15 laptop running Windows 10 Pro 18362 and the screen colour is too blue/green for my preference. I've followed instructions to calibrate the screen and it won't save. I go into COLOUR MANAGEMENT, click the ADVANCED tab, click CALIBRATE DISPLAY, follow...
  9. Second Monitor Colour Calibration

Second Monitor Colour Calibration: Hi There: I have a Dell XPS 15 2-In-1 with a Radeon™ RX Vega M GL Graphics with 4GB HMB2 graphics card and a 4K screen. I also have a 27" LG monitor (27UD58-B) with a 4K screen. AND, I have an X-Rite i1 Display Pro puck and software. Now the Dell doesn't have an HDMI port,...
  10. Colour Calibration Problem

Colour Calibration Problem: Hello, I have a dual monitor setup, with mismatched monitors. They are not auto-adjusting. Last time I successfully calibrated my displays was about a year ago, and I still have the same hardware, which is a custom build. It includes a Gigabyte motherboard, AMD FX 6300...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calibration loader

2. Microsoft\Windows\WindowsColorSystem\Calibration Loader

3. (\microsoft\windows\windowscolorsystem\calibrationn loader)

4. windows color system calibration loader