Windows 10: colour of desktop icons; favourites bar etc. has changed on my LG desktop monitor

Discus and support colour of desktop icons; favourites bar etc. has changed on my LG desktop monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Desktop icons, favourites bar, and any image that should be red has changed to a mauve or purple on my new ( 2 months old) desktop monitor. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rowanthree, Mar 20, 2019.

1. colour of desktop icons; favourites bar etc. has changed on my LG desktop monitor

Desktop icons, favourites bar, and any image that should be red has changed to a mauve or purple on my new ( 2 months old) desktop monitor. How can I get back the normal red colour? Would changing the setting of the computer to an earlier date help this problem?

:)

rowanthree, Mar 20, 2019

2. Desktop colours not returning to normal

This seems like a stupid question but I can`t find the answer on the web. Recently bought my first lcd monitor and I`ve noticed that unlike crt monitors , the desktop colours change when you launch a game and don`t return to the desktop settings unless you open Catalyst cc. This is with an ati card . With an nvidia card on the same monitor , the driver seems to do this for you.

Things that I`ve already tried :
    1 Use the monitor to adjust brightness settings - doesn`t get the colours I want.
    2 Somebody suggested using powerstrip , but I couldn`t get it to work.

Is this obvious , or do you really have to open ccc every time you close a game ???!!!

francis511, Mar 20, 2019
  3. how to change enalrged desktop icons on Windows 10.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand the monitor shows enlarged
    desktop icons on the computer.

Before assisting further, did you try changing the icon size on the desktop?

You may be facing the above changes on your desktop due to the altered icon view settings. I suggest you to check if you are able to change the icon size by following the steps below:

• Right click on the desktop hover the mouse pointer over at View option.
    • Select Medium icons or Small icons (according to the requirement) from the option.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 20, 2019
  4. colour of desktop icons; favourites bar etc. has changed on my LG desktop monitor

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

colour of desktop icons; favourites bar etc. has changed on my LG desktop monitor

1. colour of desktop icons; favourites bar etc. has changed on my LG desktop monitor - Similar Threads - colour desktop icons

2. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?: I'd like to know how to change the colour of a selected icon highlight on the desktop, because otherwise it's always light blue no matter what colours you choose in the personalisation settings.I know it means editing the registry which I've tried already, but I've only...
  3. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?: I'd like to know how to change the colour of a selected icon highlight on the desktop, because otherwise it's always light blue no matter what colours you choose in the personalisation settings.I know it means editing the registry which I've tried already, but I've only...
  4. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop icon colours change to red

Desktop icon colours change to red: [IMG]Hi, A couple days ago i turned my pc on and it was running fine. Then it randomly made some of the colours that my monitor shows, such as green, as red. This makes gaming impossible as all i see is just red, and also disrupts online meetings. Ive checked the night...
  6. Multiple monitors causing changing desktop icons.

Multiple monitors causing changing desktop icons.: So I have 3 different monitors a Samsung g7 which is 1440p, an Asus VG278 which is 1080p, and an old insignia tv which is 1080p which I am running with my 2060. I have set my Samsung g7 to be my primary screen and had set up my desktop shortcuts for it but when I turn it on...
  7. Favourite's bar icon size

Favourite's bar icon size: Edge has just updated. I like to have my favourites visible on the bar, using icons only. However, the size seems to have increased so now only 40 are visible with the remainder in the overflow drop down menu to the right. Can the icon size be reduced so that more are...
  8. Desktop Selection Box has no Colour

Desktop Selection Box has no Colour: Hello, Recently after modifying the registry key in "HKCU\Control Panel\Users" called "HotTrackingColor" to a green colour instead of the normal blue, instead of green, it doesn't even show blue anymore, just this: (See attached) I have looked on other forums and have had no...
  9. Win10 desktop icon text colour

Win10 desktop icon text colour: Hi, i have a problem i have seen commented on many time going back several years so i am hoping MS has finally fixed the problem. The text for the desktop ICONs is white and almost unreadable when there is a light screen. I run three monitors as a CAD designer and have...
  10. Change my desktop colour - help!!

Change my desktop colour - help!!: I got my new Acer V13 and try as I might I cannot change the desktop background colour! It has a picture against a blue background - on my last laptop I had a choice of PLAIN colours and I cannot find them! I can see a palette of colours but these only change the colour...