Windows 10: Coloured photo's being printed in Monochrome via Windows Photo's

Discus and support Coloured photo's being printed in Monochrome via Windows Photo's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using a HP ENVY 4520 printer. Recently for whatever reason something has changed in my settings and cannot find why. If I doubleclick on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tensone, Mar 5, 2018.

1. tensone Win User

Coloured photo's being printed in Monochrome via Windows Photo's

Using a HP ENVY 4520 printer.

Recently for whatever reason something has changed in my settings and cannot find why.

If I doubleclick on any photo, presuming its opened by Windows Photo as it starts with a black screen and the printer icon is top left. When the photo is opened it is in colour. But when asked to print and the left hand column appears where paper choice and portrait/landscape etc settings appear. Now the photo is in monochrome and despite going through to 'advance' to change from monochrome to colour. It still prints monochrome.

I have removed the device from printer/scanner settings. Restarted the laptop and added the printer again, with same results.

I have not installed the manufacturers software as it not been needed previously until this problem came about. And cannot find any route to change the default from monochrome to colour.

thanks

:)

tensone, Mar 5, 2018
  2. JoH53 Win User

Cannot print photos in colour

Please help - I have an HP Envy 4520 series Printer. I have tried everything I can think of to print photos in colour from Windows Photo Gallery. I have changed my printer preferences; have updated my drivers and added all necessary software but every
    time I change from monochrome to colour it tells me I have a conflict between printer but doesn't tell me what the conflict is. I am completely frustrated. Can anyone help please?

JoH53, Mar 5, 2018
  3. Microsoft Photos color mode issue

In Windows 10, Microsoft Photos is our default photo viewer. We have a black/white printer and a color one. The black/white one is the default (has to be).

However, when we try to print a photo, we switch from the black/white printer to the color one. Unfortunately, every time we do, the color mode always defaults to the monochrome color mode. It can be switched to color, but must be done every time. This causes
    accidental printing in monochrome frequently.

Windows printer settings are set to color (printing preferences, device settings -- everywhere you can set the option in the driver). It does not do this in Word, Chrome, IE, etc. Only Photos. Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help. Tried switching drivers
    settings back and forth. Happens every single time. Only with Photos.

Any ideas?

MountainViking303, Mar 5, 2018
  4. tensone Win User

While printing, clicked on the printer icon on task bar lower right. Changed preferences there, if it turns out as default I want and changed settings from Intel to my settings.

tensone, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Coloured photo's being printed in Monochrome via Windows Photo's - Similar Threads - Coloured photo's being

2. Printing of photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing of photo: Good Morning, I used to be able to click on my photo and then click on print. No Problem... Then all of a sudden, in order to print that photo i have to double click and it sends it over to a black screen which then forces me to choose and pick size / paper / etc...
  3. Photo printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photo printing: How to solve magneta/pink photos on HP Envy 4520 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-printing/b1da9093-3b8b-4c3a-b13e-51cfdf402ee9
  4. Inaccuate colour when printing photos

Inaccuate colour when printing photos: My computer with Windows 10 is printing photos with inaccuarate colours. They are dark or overintense. How can I get it to print with accurate color? I have an HP Envy 4552 printer with HP cartridges...
  5. Printing Photos

Printing Photos: How can I print a photograph smaller than 2" X 3" using the Microsoft photo program that came with my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-photos/1cc575a5-657f-46b0-8ec5-5c8b6a94f757
  6. Photo Printing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photo Printing: How do you get the digital date to print on a photo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-printing/bace4867-57ba-4fe0-bfac-d145313aced4"
  7. HELP HP Photo printing settings. WONT PRINT COLOUR

HELP HP Photo printing settings. WONT PRINT COLOUR: HI all... HELP!! Not sure if I am on the correct site, but desperate for a solution. I have been nominated at the accruing of old pics for my dads 60th Bday tomorrow night,.. so after scanning, cropping ect, buying expensive photo paper and colour and black XL Ink...
  8. Photo printing

Photo printing: I need to print about 40 wallet sized photos...but when I hit print, it will only put one per page...How can I get nine to print on a page the way Photo Gallery used to allow?...
  9. printing in monochrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printing in monochrome: when I go to HP output options color mode and select color it keeps changing to mono over and over with paint and photo creations. back to color mode and it changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-in-monochrome/92e5b5d3-a574-41b2-b7b3-9ffb9712d37f
  10. Photos background colour?

Photos background colour?: Has Windows Photos background changed to white? I prefer the black background, is there a way to change it? 120248