Windows 10: Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs

Discus and support Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turned on my PC, I was shocked to see that the background turned black. But I managed to sign in, receiving all Windows programs with changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shelbii Shelbii, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs

When I turned on my PC, I was shocked to see that the background turned black. But I managed to sign in, receiving all Windows programs with changed colours. For instance Word, PowerPoint etc show black instead of white and vise verse. Google Chrome looks almost good but Internet Explorer demonstrated reversed version.

:)

Shelbii Shelbii, Nov 24, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 24, 2018
  3. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are getting this message
    "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    when you are trying to launch a game. This might be due to the corrupt display drivers.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Does this issue occur to this particular game?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps,

I suggest you to uninstall the Display Adapter drivers from Device manager and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Follow the steps for the same.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Install the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, Nov 24, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs

1. Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs - Similar Threads - Colours are displaying

2. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display colour calibration not working: When I try to go into display colour calibration, it does not work when I try to adjust anything, the gamma or contrast or brightness, I move the sliders up/down and it doesn't change anything.I'm on a fresh install windows 10 22H2, fully updated with the latest display...
  3. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    display colour calibration not working: When I try to go into display colour calibration, it does not work when I try to adjust anything, the gamma or contrast or brightness, I move the sliders up/down and it doesn't change anything.I'm on a fresh install windows 10 22H2, fully updated with the latest display...
  4. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop colour not displaying correctly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop colour not displaying correctly?: Colour to the left is the colour I have chosen, but the colour to the left is lighter? I can't figure out why it's like this. I can't see why it should be a problem with the screen as my computer can clearly display the colour correctly, just not when it's used for the...
  6. Desktop colour not displaying correctly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop colour not displaying correctly?: Colour to the left is the colour I have chosen, but the colour to the left is lighter? I can't figure out why it's like this. I can't see why it should be a problem with the screen as my computer can clearly display the colour correctly, just not when it's used for the...
  7. Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.

Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.: [IMG]I found this article of someone with the same issue but their steps were inconclusive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-not-displaying-correctly/212c2c36-106d-4e8a-b0f2-cb7988de15ef
  8. background colours correction

background colours correction: I recently asked about changing/correcting background colours... was unable to thank the person who answered me, as I had mistakenly deleted his answer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-colours-correction/4404cf97-b832-42e7-8a2c-0b7329c63179
  9. Personalisation - Colours - Dark - Programs and Features background colour change

Personalisation - Colours - Dark - Programs and Features background colour change: Hi, Is there a way to change the back ground colour in the Programs and Features(Uninstall or change a program)? I like to use the Dark theme under Colours however I have a problem when I go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program the background is dark like it...
  10. Some program windows do not display correctly in Windows 10

Some program windows do not display correctly in Windows 10: Hello, I have an unusual display issue whereby some program windows do not display properly. The programs run/open just fine and everything looks as though it's all good. Then I click on a button to launch a certain feature of the program. The wizard window that...