Windows 10: Columns in Windows 10 Explorer

Discus and support Columns in Windows 10 Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my folders that I use specifically for my backups using Macrium Reflect, I used to have two additional columns displayed in windows explorer for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stephen M. Cook, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Columns in Windows 10 Explorer

In my folders that I use specifically for my backups using Macrium Reflect, I used to have two additional columns displayed in windows explorer for "The Type of Back-Up" eg, Full Backup/Differental Backup/Incremental Backup, and location of Backup File.

Both of these seem to have vanished in the last month.

How and where do I reinstate these very using column types?

:)

Stephen M. Cook, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Columns in Windows 10 Explorer

Windows Explorer behaviour in the right pane - stop column jumping to the left

Hello,

Currently running applications on your PC may be one of the possible reasons why you're having this issue with your Windows Explorer. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• Which specific build and version of Windows are you using? To check, please click this
      link.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is this happening to all files when selecting in columns?

Changing the view on your Windows Explorer may help in troubleshooting the issue. We suggest that you check this
    link, this page contains instructions on how to change the column settings in
    Windows Explorer.

Dyan Rey, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Columns in Windows 10 Explorer

1. Columns in Windows 10 Explorer - Similar Threads - Columns Explorer

2. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  3. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  4. In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?: I have Windows 11 v. 10.0.22361 Family, French-language. Hopefully my column names are correctly translated.On my Surface Pro X, more often than not I can't reduce de size of any column in Explorer, save the File Name. Any adjustments I try to make to best guess for names:...
  5. In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?

In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?: I have Windows 11 v. 10.0.22361 Family, French-language. Hopefully my column names are correctly translated.On my Surface Pro X, more often than not I can't reduce de size of any column in Explorer, save the File Name. Any adjustments I try to make to best guess for names:...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer - Can I change the default columns displayed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer - Can I change the default columns displayed?: I am on Windows 11, Version 22H2. I use File Explorer a lot, particularly for managing photos.Every time I open a File Explorer window for a different folder or directory, as I always knew them I have to right-click to get rid of "Type" which I don't need I can read file...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer - Can I change the default columns displayed?

Windows 11 File Explorer - Can I change the default columns displayed?: I am on Windows 11, Version 22H2. I use File Explorer a lot, particularly for managing photos.Every time I open a File Explorer window for a different folder or directory, as I always knew them I have to right-click to get rid of "Type" which I don't need I can read file...
  8. Windows Explorer sort function not working - I click a column to sort by and the "wait"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer sort function not working - I click a column to sort by and the "wait"...: I am using Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, OS Build 22631.3155, I am using it on a Dell Inspiron, Intel Core i5-9400 CPU 2.90GHz. I have a lot of photos on my C drive ~56,000 in sllightly over 1,000 folders under my Pictures, that takes up 145 GB of HD space. I have plenty of...
  9. Windows Explorer sort function not working - I click a column to sort by and the "wait"...

Windows Explorer sort function not working - I click a column to sort by and the "wait"...: I am using Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, OS Build 22631.3155, I am using it on a Dell Inspiron, Intel Core i5-9400 CPU 2.90GHz. I have a lot of photos on my C drive ~56,000 in sllightly over 1,000 folders under my Pictures, that takes up 145 GB of HD space. I have plenty of...
  10. Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?: Is it possible to change the default format of the Folder column in Windows Explorer so that it displays "<path to file>" instead of "<directory of file> <path to directory>"?This was asked and "solved" here but the solution was never given:...