Windows 10: Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer

Discus and support Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi AllI would like to see the following in Explorer for EVERY folder of my hard disk and network shares:File, Size, Date, TypeI tried to follow the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stefano.9, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Stefano.9 Win User

Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer

Hi AllI would like to see the following in Explorer for EVERY folder of my hard disk and network shares:File, Size, Date, TypeI tried to follow the instructions I found options-view-apply to all folders, but they only work with the current folder and sometimes not forever - after a reboot I may need to re-set my preferences.Does anyone has a working solution?ThanksStefano

:)

Stefano.9, Sep 27, 2022

2. File Explorer Columns

Hi David,

Thank you posting on Microsoft community.

In order to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How exactly are you trying to expand the left columns in file explorer?

• Are you referring to extend the area of the left column in File explorer?

• Are you able to expand it in Safe Mode with networking ?
    I would suggest you to provide us the screenshot of the issue you are facing
    in order to understand the issue better.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

Redirecting

Keep us posted with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Explorer behaviour in the right pane - stop column jumping to the left

Hello,

Currently running applications on your PC may be one of the possible reasons why you're having this issue with your Windows Explorer. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• Which specific build and version of Windows are you using? To check, please click this
      link.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is this happening to all files when selecting in columns?

Changing the view on your Windows Explorer may help in troubleshooting the issue. We suggest that you check this
    link, this page contains instructions on how to change the column settings in
    Windows Explorer.

Dyan Rey, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer - Similar Threads - Columns order Explorer

2. Columns in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Columns in Windows Explorer: In the "good ol' days" Windows Explorer used to offer columns for date, size and type. That was exactly what I needed. Now, Windows guesses what information I want to see, so my music folders show number?, title, contributing artists and album. That may be helpful for some,...
  3. Columns in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Columns in Windows Explorer: In the "good ol' days" Windows Explorer used to offer columns for date, size and type. That was exactly what I needed. Now, Windows guesses what information I want to see, so my music folders show number?, title, contributing artists and album. That may be helpful for some,...
  4. Permanently change column order in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently change column order in Programs and Features: How do I permanently change the column order in 'Programs and Features'? I want the order to be 'Name', 'Installed On', 'Version', . . . so that it all fits on half the screen when I am updating software.On my desktop Windows 10 Pro 19044.2075, I can re-order the columns, but...
  5. Permanently change column order in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently change column order in Programs and Features: How do I permanently change the column order in 'Programs and Features'? I want the order to be 'Name', 'Installed On', 'Version', . . . so that it all fits on half the screen when I am updating software.On my desktop Windows 10 Pro 19044.2075, I can re-order the columns, but...
  6. Permanently change column order in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer: Hi AllI would like to see the following in Explorer for EVERY folder of my hard disk and network shares:File, Size, Date, TypeI tried to follow the instructions I found options-view-apply to all folders, but they only work with the current folder and sometimes not forever -...
  8. Columns in Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Columns in Windows 10 Explorer: In my folders that I use specifically for my backups using Macrium Reflect, I used to have two additional columns displayed in windows explorer for "The Type of Back-Up" eg, Full Backup/Differental Backup/Incremental Backup, and location of Backup File. Both of these seem...
  9. file explorer columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae
  10. Windows Explorer Status column

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Status column: Hi I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle refresh icon similar to the below image [img] See the below screen shot for what I mean [img] How do I get rid of these...