Windows 10: COM and DCOM errors

Discus and support COM and DCOM errors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a real issue with my newly built PC. It often completely freezes after couple of minutes of inactivity and after that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kasain28, Jun 22, 2020.

1. COM and DCOM errors

Hello everyone, I have a real issue with my newly built PC. It often completely freezes after couple of minutes of inactivity and after that the restart is required. Once I restart the PC, it takes forever to load the Windows (not to actually boot up). I have never had this issue before, ever - so I was investigating it for a few days now and have tried probably everything I could think of but nothing really worked out. Today, when I opened Event Viewer, I noticed a weird thing. In the system log there is a fair ammount of DCOM errors around the time the PC stops responding. I barely know what DCOM is but am wondering if there could be a potentional link.

Full specs: Nvidia RTX 2060 SUPER, Ryzen 5 3600, Corsair 16GB 3600Mhz, ASUS ROG B450-E, Adata 256GB SSD (OS drive), Intel 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD

submitted by /u/Kasain28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kasain28, Jun 22, 2020
  2. borgus Win User

DCom persistent error

Remote proxy factory 32 class writes a Dcom Event Viewer error when EDGE, with multi-tabs, is closed...saying that it doesn't have activation permission for NJNxxx\My Account. It has.

In this HOME version, there are two registry entries for the RPF32 class. In each, Desktop-NJNxxx\Users; Desktop-NJNxxx\My Account; Desktop-NJNxxx\Administrators and SYSTEM have full control.

The same entries appear in DComcfg, along with Local Service, which has been given local launch permission for both RPF32class entries.

So, the permissions procedure has been followed, yet the error persists. Why?

(This box has HOME Win10. Another, with PRO, uses default Dcom settings and doesn't reference 'Desktop-NJNxxx. ' It instead lists the user name, and it never throws the Dcom error. That's likely not relevant - just a naming convention difference.)

borgus, Jun 22, 2020
  3. no1yak Win User
    DCOM Errors

Installed 1803 17133.1 works OK but masses of DCOM errors relating to Windows Defender Security Centre. Anyone else having this problem. No DCOM errors at all in 1709.

no1yak, Jun 22, 2020
  4. COM and DCOM errors

I solved the DCOM Error.

I have managed to fix it on my laptop.
    After the Win10 1803 update, these are the only 2 DCOM errors I have found in my comp.
    -Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
    -Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection

1. Open Regedit.
    2. CTRL + F "Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection", this will automactically lead you to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsRuntime\ActivatableClassId\Windows.SecurityCen ter.WscDataProtection.
    You may do the same to find the location for Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager.

3. Perform the usual steps to grant DCOM permissions.
    -> Right click the key >> permissions
    -> Click advanced
    -> At the top change the Owner to COMPUTERNAME\Administrators
    -> Click OK
    -> Check full control for user SID to grant full controls for the user.

zhihong8888, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

COM and DCOM errors

1. COM and DCOM errors - Similar Threads - COM DCOM errors

2. Dcom error - 10010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dcom error - 10010: I still can't fix this error.it happened when I'm playing FIFA 24 only :// https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dcom-error-10010/08383cf6-8e42-40f1-b0eb-04b9036ac9b6
  3. DCOM settings ---COM security/Edit Limits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM settings ---COM security/Edit Limits: Hi, I want to enquiry something related to DCOM settings.I want to change the settings of "COM security/Edit Limits", but the option is grayed out.Can somebody guide me how to make the 2 buttons enabled. Thanks.I have attached the windows version and the issue below....
  4. DCOM settings ---COM security/Edit Limits

DCOM settings ---COM security/Edit Limits: Hi, I want to enquiry something related to DCOM settings.I want to change the settings of "COM security/Edit Limits", but the option is grayed out.Can somebody guide me how to make the 2 buttons enabled. Thanks.I have attached the windows version and the issue below....
  5. Dcom error 10016

Dcom error 10016: So I’m getting multiple dcom 10016 errors and I’ve taken the time to change all the permissions and all the steps to supposedly fix it but I’m still getting them come up. They are making my computer crash to where I have to restart manually. It’s rather frustrating so any...
  6. DCOM Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    DCOM Error: My system crashes whenever i open a particular game and if i look in event viewer!! i get error like The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and...
  7. DCOM error

in Windows 10 Customization
    DCOM error: I have an app from Canon which transfers images from my camera to the la[ptop. This has worked seamlessly for a couple of years. All of a sudden after a windows update? it won't run. from my own local administrator account. It will run from other accounts on the laptop. Canon...
  8. DCOM ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM ERROR: My laptop keeps crashing and the only thing i saw in my event viewer is DCOM error 10016 Error 1: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager and...
  9. Dcom error

in Windows 10 Support
    Dcom error: Over several generations of Windows 10 (now 2004) the Pro 64-bit version throws a DCom error that the Home version (shown on top) does not, when clicking on "Com+ Applications. And the "running processes" entry is missing in the Pro version. This doesn't appear to be causing...
  10. DCOM Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM Error: Hi i have been having an issue with the following error: My surface pro displays a bluescreen a quick error message the pc has experienced an error. Boots to UEFI and I have to manually restart. I have done all my updates and I even went back to factory default and the issue...