Windows 10: Com port changes and same for two devices after restart

Discus and support Com port changes and same for two devices after restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi friends, Our company using dell 7040 pc,Two devices port number are getting same after restarts,Because of that the two devices not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ARIFRASAK, Dec 10, 2019.

1. ARIFRASAK Win User

Com port changes and same for two devices after restart

Hi friends,

Our company using dell 7040 pc,Two devices port number are getting same after restarts,Because of that the two devices not working due port number same,awaiting for solution

:)

ARIFRASAK, Dec 10, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Com port changes and same for two devices after restart [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Dec 10, 2019
  3. port COM and LPT in the Devices Manager are not appearing

Hi Luis,

I suggest you follow the steps to check for hidden devices, and check if it helps.

1.Press Windows + X and click on Device Manager.

2.Click on View menu and select Show hidden devices. See if this helps in getting the ports to list.

3. Expand the Ports under device manager. Uninstall any entries which appear grayed out, then restart.

4. Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.

If the issue persists, then I recommend you to install the latest drivers for your motherboard.

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want to change the port settings, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager (right click on start button
      and then on Device manager).
    2. Then expand port (COMS & LPT).
    3. Then right click on Prolific USB-to Serial Comm Port and then on properties.
    4. Go to port settings and click on Advanced.
    5. You will be able to make the changes on this screen.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Com port changes and same for two devices after restart - Similar Threads - Com port changes

2. Is there a way to force the same COM port to all devices that connect on a precise USB...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to force the same COM port to all devices that connect on a precise USB...: We have to test a very large number of devices by connecting them to a PC with an USB connection and a terminal emulator Tera Term At the moment, every time a new device is connected it creates a new com port. This means that each time we change the device we have to...
  3. Is there a way to force the same COM port to all devices that connect on a precise USB...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to force the same COM port to all devices that connect on a precise USB...: We have to test a very large number of devices by connecting them to a PC with an USB connection and a terminal emulator Tera Term At the moment, every time a new device is connected it creates a new com port. This means that each time we change the device we have to...
  4. COM port

COM port: I am using window 10, I tried to communicate with arduino mega 2560 by grbl controller. its connected but not active some times its active. why it happened. I tried many times I thoiught the com port service is inturupted by itself?...
  5. COM ports

COM ports: Where are the COM ports on windows 11? Looked through device manager and couldnt find any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/e9069c14-9696-4ac5-99df-a5a67079048a
  6. com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    com ports: How do I clear in use com ports in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/13a6b2f9-f52d-467c-a680-4bfa363a639f
  7. Device keep changing COM Port after unplugging from Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device keep changing COM Port after unplugging from Win10: Hi All I have an issue with one device Pax Technology Terminal connected to Win 10 NCR Point of Sale . after unplugging the device and connecting it the COM port number changes and every time we have to change the port number back to the correct port number for this...
  8. Clashing devices on serial COM ports

Clashing devices on serial COM ports: I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 PC. I have an Adafruit Feather M0 Express board and a Kortek touchscreen. I can use either of these devices individually on the PC. They work over serial communications. However, when I install the drivers for the touchscreen, the...
  9. Com Ports

Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  10. changing com port designation

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing com port designation: I have a HP-Notebook that shows com ports 3, 4, 5. I am trying to connect to another device whos software only accepts com 1 or com 2. How can I change one of my 3 ports to a different com # ? Thanks...