Windows 10: Com Port Driver outdated since 2012

Discus and support Com Port Driver outdated since 2012 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you can see the Device in device center and can see the port there is an easy solution. Change the driver by following the YouTube video by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Noooooo0, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Noooooo0 Win User

Com Port Driver outdated since 2012

If you can see the Device in device center and can see the port there is an easy solution.

Change the driver by following the YouTube video by #robojax link below in #6

#1 Control Panel

#2 Device Manager or can search in start menu for this option

#3 Ports select the drop down arrow

#4 right click the Prolific USB-to-Serial

#5 select properties--- Driver -- Version that you can get online will not work currently

#6 https://youtu.be/vsb2k1etImg Will update/ rollback to version 333.114

#7 the link to the driver is http://bit.ly/prolific333 also in the video.

#8 you have to unzip it and install the driver for it to show in the driver menu on your computer.

#9 Make sure to install it prior to using search my computer for a driver or it will not show up.

:)

Noooooo0, Mar 31, 2021

2. windows 10 mcpc drivers outdated

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you download latest drivers from Manufacturer's Website.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand respective driver. (The driver which was stated to be outdated.)
    • Right-click on the driver and
      select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the latest driver.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the software.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    • Restart the computer and check
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 31, 2021
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Com Port Driver outdated since 2012 [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Com Port Driver outdated since 2012

Yellow ! next to Prolific USB-to-Serial Com Port (COM3)

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Based on your description, the issue seems like HooToo USB port driver is outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this help.

I recommend you to update the HooToo USB port driver and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand and right click on the port device and click on
      Update.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the USB manufacturer website and install the driver for Windows 10. If the available USB driver is not for Windows 10, try installing the driver in compatibly mode and check.

HooToo.com | Future Network for Today

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Com Port Driver outdated since 2012

1. Com Port Driver outdated since 2012 - Similar Threads - Com Port Driver

2. Reinstall Deleted COM ports drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Deleted COM ports drivers: Hello Sir, I mistakenly deleted a COM Port in my windows 11 and now the computer is lagging . please help me to reinstall the deleted COM port driver . It was COM port 8...
  3. Reinstall Deleted COM ports drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Deleted COM ports drivers: Hello Sir, I mistakenly deleted a COM Port in my windows 11 and now the computer is lagging . please help me to reinstall the deleted COM port driver . It was COM port 8...
  4. COM port

COM port: I am using window 10, I tried to communicate with arduino mega 2560 by grbl controller. its connected but not active some times its active. why it happened. I tried many times I thoiught the com port service is inturupted by itself?...
  5. COM ports

COM ports: Where are the COM ports on windows 11? Looked through device manager and couldnt find any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/e9069c14-9696-4ac5-99df-a5a67079048a
  6. com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    com ports: How do I clear in use com ports in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/13a6b2f9-f52d-467c-a680-4bfa363a639f
  7. Com Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Com Port: My Com 3 Port was working fine and I now plugged in a device and I see 2- Com 2 ports and 1- Com 2 port, none of which are connecting to my device? How can I reinstall the Com 3 port driver if I delete the current one can I still download it>...
  8. Com ports

Com ports: Whenever I try to use serial communation I get an error code #12. The message is I don't have enough room for the com port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/2cc86c83-2c30-4ef6-b30b-32cbe6508edb
  9. Com Ports

Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  10. Com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    Com ports: Where do I find the com port's that are assigned to a device that is connected with Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/1ebde4c0-a50f-4066-aaf1-ef4c7399ebe7