Windows 10: COM Port Issues due to serial mouse ball

Discus and support COM Port Issues due to serial mouse ball in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am currently having problems with the com ports for my win 10 workstation in my current project. I have built a vessel data distribution unit using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdwinNgCH, Jul 9, 2019.

1. EdwinNgCH Win User

COM Port Issues due to serial mouse ball

I am currently having problems with the com ports for my win 10 workstation in my current project.

I have built a vessel data distribution unit using window 10 OS workstation, which distribute information from vessel sensors to several navigation systems. The data distribution unit is receiving continuous NMEA data from the sensors via 18 serial com port interfaces. The problem occurs when the workstation reboot or recover from an illegal shutdown. The workstation detected several serial mouse connections and caused some of the navigation systems from receiving the data. This is undesirable as the vessel needs the information for vessel navigation.

The below solution has been applied but does not solve the problems:

1. Disabling of serial mouse in device managers
    2. Disabling of serial mouse registry

I would anyone to help for my suitable and whether using win 10 OS for my application is viable

:)

EdwinNgCH, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want to change the port settings, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager (right click on start button
      and then on Device manager).
    2. Then expand port (COMS & LPT).
    3. Then right click on Prolific USB-to Serial Comm Port and then on properties.
    4. Go to port settings and click on Advanced.
    5. You will be able to make the changes on this screen.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Yellow ! next to Prolific USB-to-Serial Com Port (COM3)

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Based on your description, the issue seems like HooToo USB port driver is outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this help.

I recommend you to update the HooToo USB port driver and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand and right click on the port device and click on
      Update.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the USB manufacturer website and install the driver for Windows 10. If the available USB driver is not for Windows 10, try installing the driver in compatibly mode and check.

HooToo Support Downloads

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 9, 2019
  4. COM Port Issues due to serial mouse ball

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

COM Port Issues due to serial mouse ball

1. COM Port Issues due to serial mouse ball - Similar Threads - COM Port Issues

2. USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number: Hi, When I connect a serial device, I see the USB serial Port in the device Manager, but there is no port number assigned behind it. What is the reason?looking forward to your replythanks....
  3. Win 10 Serial COM port fails Duplex operation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Serial COM port fails Duplex operation: Following the update of my laptop, an FZ-55 from win 7 to win 10, I've had problems with threading and specifically the COM port threading. Our program used to be able to transmit while still being able to detect errors and a break sent by the receiver. This no longer...
  4. USB Serial Adapter COM Port Changes on Reboot

USB Serial Adapter COM Port Changes on Reboot: I have a Windows 10 Laptop with a USB Serial Port Adapter with an attached printer. When I reboot the computer, the COM port assigned to the USB adapter changes randomly so that the printer no longer works. What can I do to ensure that the Serial Port Adapter is always...
  5. Windows 10 Slow Serial/COM Ports?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Slow Serial/COM Ports?: I have a custom program that writes to a device on COM1. On Windows XP, it runs super fast but once I got it onto Windows 10, it works, but is super slow. It usually runs on the motherboard's Serial port, but I've also tried a USB to serial adapter with the same results. One...
  6. com port issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    com port issues: I am an amateur radio operator, I have two radios hooked up to two different com ports, there are additional programs that need to access these radios, N1MM logging software, SKCC logging software, and a few other programs. I shut everything down before I turn off my...
  7. USB COM Port Issues

USB COM Port Issues: On start-up, my only connected USB devices to my laptop are a mouse/keyboard and a hub. The laptop functions perfectly and Device Manager is fine. I have 2 additional USB devices that need to be connected: A: which is a Arduino UNO and B: which is a USB/TTL UART adapter....
  8. Clashing devices on serial COM ports

Clashing devices on serial COM ports: I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 PC. I have an Adafruit Feather M0 Express board and a Kortek touchscreen. I can use either of these devices individually on the PC. They work over serial communications. However, when I install the drivers for the touchscreen, the...
  9. Com Port Issue

Com Port Issue: Added Com port to windows 10 from legacy add option and got the error message below when I try to use the device: Windows cannot determine the settings for this device. Consult the documentation that came with this device and use the Resource tab to set the configuration....
  10. Serial com ports.

Serial com ports.: I am trying to use a USB-RS232 lead on my laptop. I cannot create any COM ports and none are there by default. If I try this on my desktop it works perfectly. When trying to create a COM port I get an invalid parameter error and the creation fails Windows 10 Home...