Windows 10: Com ports not recognised.

Discus and support Com ports not recognised. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently started getting problems on my PC (Quad core 8300) not recognising ports with an error 5. Having reinstalled everything USB wise (drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Focussys, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Focussys Win User

Com ports not recognised.

I recently started getting problems on my PC (Quad core 8300) not recognising ports with an error 5. Having reinstalled everything USB wise (drivers for usb, 3d printer, hubs etc) I now have a weird solution.

If I attach my Delta 3d printer it identifies it as com3 and says it is in use and will not connect to any of my printing software etc.

If I plug in my laser cutter as well (it identifies this as com4) the 3d printer will connect, but not the cutter.

I don't want to have to keep my laser cutter connected as it is 1mx0.5m! Also it won't connect what ever I do.

Anyone got any clues as to what is happening?

:)

Focussys, Nov 4, 2016
  2. maki---01 Win User

CA-42 Cable and 6020 not recognised

It was Skipraider's query I was responding to. I understand the cable is emulating a serial port on a USB cable, but Windows is not recognising it and creating a Com port.

maki---01, Nov 4, 2016
  3. maki---01 Win User
    CA-42 Cable and 6020 not recognised

I am using PC Suite to find the right Serial Port. However Windows does bot recognise the presence of the cable and assign a Com Port to the Cable.

maki---01, Nov 4, 2016
  4. UKMedia Win User

Hi

Are you saying that under settings>Devices the two devices are not showing or that they won't work? I would try two things:

- Download Driver Max (Free) DriverMax and run;
    - Turn your firewall off and test again.

Regards

UKMedia, Nov 4, 2016
  5. UKMedia Win User
    ....Also, try running control panel>troubleshooting>hardware and sound>hardware and devices. And control panel>troubleshooting>hardware and sound>printer.

Regards

UKMedia, Nov 4, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    Check for conflict with irq or memory

Samuria, Nov 4, 2016
  7. Focussys Win User
    Both items appear in Device Manager with no yellow icons, but are unable to connect in the software. Tried changing com port but all are already 'used'.

Focussys, Nov 4, 2016
  8. UKMedia Win User

Have you tried the trouble shooters?

UKMedia, Nov 4, 2016
  9. Focussys Win User
    Tried them all. All report no problems as does Device Manager, just does not connect without plugging in second device. Both devices are Arduino mega and Uno.

Focussys, Nov 4, 2016
  10. UKMedia Win User
    Is there updated software for the two devices?

Have a look at Settings>devices (Not device mgr). If you select the device and choose Manage, does that look okay?

Next thing is to Choose remove from Settings>devices and then add again.

UKMedia, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Com ports not recognised. - Similar Threads - Com ports recognised

2. Com port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Com port: Hello, I currently have a com port CP2105 enhanced installed on my laptop that my amateur radio uses to communicate with my PC and software such as Ham Radio Deluxe etc.. I need an additional CP2105 enhanced com port for another software program to communicate to the radio so...
  3. COM port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM port: I am using window 10, I tried to communicate with arduino mega 2560 by grbl controller. its connected but not active some times its active. why it happened. I tried many times I thoiught the com port service is inturupted by itself?...
  4. COM ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM ports: Where are the COM ports on windows 11? Looked through device manager and couldnt find any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/e9069c14-9696-4ac5-99df-a5a67079048a
  5. com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    com ports: How do I clear in use com ports in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/13a6b2f9-f52d-467c-a680-4bfa363a639f
  6. COM ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    COM ports: Have 2 USB COM ports on my laptop. I use them to connect to and upload Arduino programming. Device manager started out identifying them as COM port 3 an4, now says 4 and 6, sometimes both as COM port 5. Any info appreciated....
  7. Com Port

Com Port: My Com 3 Port was working fine and I now plugged in a device and I see 2- Com 2 ports and 1- Com 2 port, none of which are connecting to my device? How can I reinstall the Com 3 port driver if I delete the current one can I still download it>...
  8. Com ports

Com ports: Whenever I try to use serial communation I get an error code #12. The message is I don't have enough room for the com port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/2cc86c83-2c30-4ef6-b30b-32cbe6508edb
  9. Com Ports

Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  10. Com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    Com ports: Where do I find the com port's that are assigned to a device that is connected with Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/1ebde4c0-a50f-4066-aaf1-ef4c7399ebe7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. com ports are not recognised