Windows 10: COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage

Discus and support COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH]this happend after installing an app i unistalled it and restart but nothing happened scanned my files but no threats were found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by abdullah basaad, Jan 27, 2021.

1. COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage

COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage a595fd99-73c9-4e56-a859-38ca91ed226f?upload=true.png this happend after installing an app i unistalled it and restart but nothing happened scanned my files but no threats were found

:)

abdullah basaad, Jan 27, 2021

2. Cortana & COM Surrogate high CPU usage when Search or Start Menu is opened

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for suggesting these troubleshooting steps. Unfortunately, starting in a Clean Boot did not resolve the issue. I remember that there were some updates available prior to this issue (KB3156421 and KB3152599) and I didn't do any major changes to
    the system.

One thing that I forgot to mention in my first post, is that the high CPU usage also sometimes occurs with the "Host Process for Windows Tasks" process too. It mostly happens with COM Surrogate, but this process shows up sometimes too.

Thanks!

mrpenguin027, Jan 27, 2021
  3. wanabrar Win User
    COM Surrogate using too much CPU, Thumbnail and Icon problem.

Hey guys i've been using Windows 10 for almost a month now, and I'm having some issues with it at the moment. I have too much videos and picture for work, that most thumbnail just won't load or generate.

Issues:
    • Thumbnail not generating
    • This PC/My Computer keeps loading and saying "Working on it" (File Explorer)
    • High CPU usage for COM Surrogate, using 10% of my CPU all the time.

The way to solve it for me at the moment is killing the COM Surrogate process. But I'm looking for a permanent fix, which doesn't involve me killing the process all the time.

Killing the process of COM Surrogate will make:
    • Thumbnail and icon to generate (although sometimes it still doesn't)
    • This PC/My Computer instantly loads properly, without it saying "Working on it"

Any solution guys?

wanabrar, Jan 27, 2021
  4. am13 Win User

COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage

COM Surrogate using too much CPU, Thumbnail and Icon problem.

Your player is incompatible with your system. I just solved this issue by uninstalling 32 bit VLC Player and installing 64 bit version.

Thema:

COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage

1. COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage - Similar Threads - COM surrogate 20%

2. COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search: I noticed my laptop fans become louder and I checked the task manager to find out the COM Surrogate taking 15.5+% of CPU usage. There is another problem as well, my pictures and video thumbnails are not showing, I already checked the show thumbnail instead of icons, I already...
  3. COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search: I noticed my laptop fans become louder and I checked the task manager to find out the COM Surrogate taking 15.5+% of CPU usage. There is another problem as well, my pictures and video thumbnails are not showing, I already checked the show thumbnail instead of icons, I already...
  4. COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. COM Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM Surrogate: Gostaria de saber se isso é um virus ou um programa legivel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/com-surrogate/78136555-aabd-40e5-ae6e-d2acdf4ccdad
  6. COM Surrogate high CPU usage

COM Surrogate high CPU usage: Hello I saw many posts for COM surrogate using high CPU but never a case like mine. Whenever i click end task,it restarts the process but it keeps it low under 2% CPU Then every time i start Windows Media Player,both files go over 25-30% so i end up having COM and Windows...
  7. CPU. COM SURROGATE USING HIGH CPU

CPU. COM SURROGATE USING HIGH CPU: I AM RUNNING A DJ SOFTWARE PROGRAME CALLED VIRTUAL DJ, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO RUN SLOW OR STOP. LOOKIMG IN TASK MANAGER IT SHOWS HIGH USAGE OF COM SURROGATE, I CANNOT DISABLE THIS WHY. CAN ANYONE HELP ME [ATTACH]...
  8. COM Surrogate high CPU usage due to Microsoft Edge browser

COM Surrogate high CPU usage due to Microsoft Edge browser: Encountered the high CPU usage issue with COM Surrogate but unlike previous solutions posted on here a few years ago and on other sites there's no video file dllhost.exe seems to be constantly trying to access, when I look at dllhost.exe in Process Explorer under the file...
  9. COM surrogate

COM surrogate: I logged on this morning and CMD automatically opened. I became concerned because nothing like this usually happens, so i opened task manager after researching reasons why this may occur and discovering that it may be caused by malware. i saw that a couple programs labelled...
  10. Com Surrogate

Com Surrogate: Hi! This days my computer shows a window that I never saw before about COM Surrogate. It says Windows Security in the name bar above but I don't thrust. What it is? It's a virus?...