Windows 10: COM Surrogate (32 bit)

Discus and support COM Surrogate (32 bit) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i boot my new HP ProBook 450 G5 running Windows 10 pro, I get the message: Email "There is no email program associated to perform the requested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hendo2018, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Hendo2018 Win User

COM Surrogate (32 bit)

When i boot my new HP ProBook 450 G5 running Windows 10 pro, I get the message:

Email

"There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel"

Task manager suggests that the message is associated with task: "COM Surrogate (32 bit)"

:)

Hendo2018, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Michael Gall Win User

Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Roharashraj™ Win User
    How do I install IE 32 bit and/or switch from 64 bit to 32 bit?

Windows 10: Internet Explorer

• You need to have Windows 10 64-bit(x64) to use this feature
    • To check:
      • Click on Windows Key
      • Click on Settings
      • Click on System
      • On left panel click on About
      • On right panel check system type:
        • System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
          • That means you have Windows 10 64-bit
        • System Type: 32-bit operating system, x86-based processor
          • That means you have Windows 10 32-bit
    • Internet Explorer
      • 32-bit(x86):
        • C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe
      • 64-bit(x64):
        • C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe
    Note:
    • You cannot switch between Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit. you need to re-install Windows 10 64 bit.
    • To download Windows 10 64-bit:
      Microsoft - "Windows 10 - Download tool now"

• COM Surrogate (32 bit) 7b23dd14-23cd-4459-bfc9-5fe838d21118.png

• If you have Windows 10 64-bit, you can run any application which supports 64-bit and as well as 32-bit

Roharashraj™, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Assimilator Win User

COM Surrogate (32 bit)

AMD Preparing to Drop 32-bit Support for Radeon Drivers?

Good on AMD. Another small step towards slaying the 32-bit dragon.

Assimilator, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

COM Surrogate (32 bit)

1. COM Surrogate (32 bit) - Similar Threads - COM Surrogate bit

2. Com Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Com Surrogate: Hi! This days my computer shows a window that I never saw before about COM Surrogate. It says Windows Security in the name bar above but I don't thrust. What it is? It's a virus?...
  3. Three COM Surrogates in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Three COM Surrogates in task manager: is this a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/three-com-surrogates-in-task-manager/d75710ea-c507-44a7-b4a0-58121442e3ce"
  4. File open in COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Support
    File open in COM Surrogate: I have no idea what COM Surrogate is, but, recently I've had a lot of trouble with it. I'll try to throw something in the trash, or even put the file in some other location and it won't let me. I get the following message (see screenshot) and the only way I can get rid of it...
  5. Mystery COM Surrogate crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery COM Surrogate crashes: Does anyone at all have any good suggestions on troubleshooting these? I seem to be getting these at random times, with no rhyme or reason. The faulting module is quite often, but not always mso20win32client.dll, but I've seen mso30win32client.dll once, or none indicated...
  6. com surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    com surrogate has stopped working: When I am using my computer, it would randomly say "com surrogate has stopped working." I then just close it and it pops up again, close it and it goes away. I have no idea why. Here are the Windows Event Logs: Windows Log 1 - Pastebin.com Windows Log 2 - Pastebin.com...
  7. COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Support
    COM Surrogate: I'm trying to delete a file or remove personal picture information from a *.jpg, but I'm told that "The action can't be completed because the file is open in COM Surrogate." What is going on? 31943
  8. Com surrogate stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Com surrogate stopped working: Not having any issues with the pc but in reliability history I am seeing occasional ‘com surrogate has stopped working’ messages. It’s very sporadic. Sometimes many many days with nothing listed but then yesterday I saw it shortly after starting machine and then again today....
  9. What is COM surrogate? How to disable it?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is COM surrogate? How to disable it?: I found COM Surrogate on task maneger and i search google its a virus but I never got a pop up from it or i never go on strange websites or anything i have an antivirus program. it uses 0% of the cpu though Help. Thank you. 94168
  10. COM Surrogate Stopped Working error

in Windows 10 Support
    COM Surrogate Stopped Working error: I am getting the odd COM Surrogate Stopped Working error and not sure where to start troubleshooting. Can someone point me in the right direction? Here are the error details: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe Problem signature...