Windows 10: COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll?

Discus and support COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me, this is obviously a very technical issue beyond my understanding. Reliability History is showing hundreds of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MattC_769, Dec 21, 2020.

1. MattC_769 Win User

COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll?

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me, this is obviously a very technical issue beyond my understanding.

Reliability History is showing hundreds of instances of COM Surrogate stopping working. At the same time this happens, I tend to experience general PC slowness, particularly with the start menu, and sometimes blue screening. Other problems also pop-up in Reliability History for things that have stopped working such as DllHost.exe often many at the same time, svchost.exe_BITS, and Background Intelligence Transfer Service. They nearly always mention ESENT.dll as the Fault Module Name.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to solve it I'll be really grateful! I'm on Windows 10.

This is what appears in Reliability History if I click on one of the 'COM Surrogate' reports -

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: DllHost.exe

Application Version: 10.0.19041.546

Application Timestamp: f25621f0

Fault Module Name: ESENT.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.546

Fault Module Timestamp: eb6e1fd9

Exception Offset: 0000000000282a48

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 0000000000000008

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 5b3a

Additional Information 2: 5b3a712b87a19da659dec6dfad5a260b

Additional Information 3: 34a8

Additional Information 4: 34a85bb89d559bf28db6d3294550d0a4

Many thanks!

:)

MattC_769, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Assassin48, Dec 21, 2020
  3. I have neither COM Surrogate in TASK MGR nor DLL files...

I have the same thing,COM surrogate and dll not listed,weird that some people have it and others don't. I turned off 'Always show icons never thumbnails' as someone said this may help but it didn't.

sea skimmer, Dec 21, 2020
  4. COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll?

COM Surrogate has stopped working???

i just hooked up my new p55/i5 setup and was hopping to do some vantage runs but every time i hit RUN BENCHMARK it pops up... "COM Surrogate has stopped working" and closes.

i.....

reinstalled vantage and patch/update
    reinstalled video and physx drivers
    reinstalled mobo chipset drivers

not working.

then i.....

reinstalled OS, all drivers, updates, and all software.

im still getting the same damn error....

"COM Surrogate has stopped working" then vantage closes.

what the FUCK?

i googled it, yes i know how, and found little to no answer regaurding the issue IM having. other issues with the same error are related to Nero which i DONT have installed at all.

any help?

Fitseries3, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll?

1. COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll? - Similar Threads - COM Surrogate stopped

2. COM Surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM Surrogate has stopped working: Hi Microsoft community services , when i refresh the desktop , or when i open the folder thet have large icons of photos or videos ... this window appear and say COM Surrogate has stopped working!Please help me ... because i tried some solution such as 1 – Add dllhost.exe to...
  3. COM Surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Surrogate has stopped working: Hi Microsoft community services , when i refresh the desktop , or when i open the folder thet have large icons of photos or videos ... this window appear and say COM Surrogate has stopped working!Please help me ... because i tried some solution such as 1 – Add dllhost.exe to...
  4. COM Surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. COM Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM Surrogate: Gostaria de saber se isso é um virus ou um programa legivel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/com-surrogate/78136555-aabd-40e5-ae6e-d2acdf4ccdad
  6. COM surrogate

COM surrogate: I logged on this morning and CMD automatically opened. I became concerned because nothing like this usually happens, so i opened task manager after researching reasons why this may occur and discovering that it may be caused by malware. i saw that a couple programs labelled...
  7. Com Surrogate

Com Surrogate: Hi! This days my computer shows a window that I never saw before about COM Surrogate. It says Windows Security in the name bar above but I don't thrust. What it is? It's a virus?...
  8. com surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    com surrogate has stopped working: When I am using my computer, it would randomly say "com surrogate has stopped working." I then just close it and it pops up again, close it and it goes away. I have no idea why. Here are the Windows Event Logs: Windows Log 1 - Pastebin.com Windows Log 2 - Pastebin.com...
  9. Com surrogate stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Com surrogate stopped working: Not having any issues with the pc but in reliability history I am seeing occasional ‘com surrogate has stopped working’ messages. It’s very sporadic. Sometimes many many days with nothing listed but then yesterday I saw it shortly after starting machine and then again today....
  10. COM Surrogate Stopped Working error

in Windows 10 Support
    COM Surrogate Stopped Working error: I am getting the odd COM Surrogate Stopped Working error and not sure where to start troubleshooting. Can someone point me in the right direction? Here are the error details: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe Problem signature...