Windows 10: COM surrogate

Discus and support COM surrogate in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I logged on this morning and CMD automatically opened. I became concerned because nothing like this usually happens, so i opened task manager after... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by np-01, Jan 27, 2019.

1. np-01 Win User

COM surrogate

I logged on this morning and CMD automatically opened. I became concerned because nothing like this usually happens, so i opened task manager after researching reasons why this may occur and discovering that it may be caused by malware.

i saw that a couple programs labelled COM surrogate were active, and i did not recognize them so i set out to research their purpose. Half the websites i encountered claimed that they were crucial to windows' operating system, despite the other half labelling them as malware.

I opened up file explorer and searched for anything labelled COM surrogate or dllhost (because that seemed to pop up quite alot) and i found several files called COM surrogate. I'm not sure as of yet whether they should be dealt with or if i should just leave them alone.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Here's a snip of what i found. I apologize for any inaccuracy in my complaint, I'm not great with technology.

COM surrogate 634e993a-74c4-4a62-900a-9e05c48e5a8e?upload=true.png

:)

np-01, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Error Message: COM Surrogate has stopped working

Hi Bernard,

COM Surrogate is a process in Windows 10 that is in charge of showing thumbnails and similar information. Issues with COM Surrogate
    is probably caused by MacType or codecs and other COM components installed by various software, like some versions of DivX or Nero.

We would like to know some information to better assist you:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What specific activity are you doing when the error message come up?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? for us to know what troubleshooting steps we can provide next.

Please check the details of the errors using the steps below and provide us with a screenshot:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type View all, then click on View all problem reports Control panel.
    • Right-click on a few of the "COM Surrogate", "Stopped working" errors.
    • View technical details.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 27, 2019
  3. COM Surrogate

Hi,

To better address your concern, kindly refer to the support article below:

For more information about COM Surrogate, visit this
    link

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Jan 27, 2019
  4. COM surrogate

I have neither COM Surrogate in TASK MGR nor DLL files...

I have the same thing,COM surrogate and dll not listed,weird that some people have it and others don't. I turned off 'Always show icons never thumbnails' as someone said this may help but it didn't.

sea skimmer, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

COM surrogate

1. COM surrogate - Similar Threads - COM surrogate

2. COM Surrogate / DLL Host Service user impersonating in my desktop and hiding it with an...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM Surrogate / DLL Host Service user impersonating in my desktop and hiding it with an...: DLL Host Service keeps popping up randomly and interrupting what I'm doing like typing or holding down a key because it's alt tabbing randomly at certain times I don't know what its doing to my computer or anything like that but I'm getting annoyed by it, I've tried ending...
  3. COM Surrogate / DLL Host Service user impersonating in my desktop and hiding it with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM Surrogate / DLL Host Service user impersonating in my desktop and hiding it with an...: DLL Host Service keeps popping up randomly and interrupting what I'm doing like typing or holding down a key because it's alt tabbing randomly at certain times I don't know what its doing to my computer or anything like that but I'm getting annoyed by it, I've tried ending...
  4. COM Surrogate / DLL Host Service user impersonating in my desktop and hiding it with an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Com Surrogate Dllhost.exe using too much system CPU resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Com Surrogate Dllhost.exe using too much system CPU resources: Greetings.I'm facing an issue with COM Surrogate using too much system resources, particularly the cpu, about 10-15% and it causes the CPU to boost and the fans in my laptop with it.It is caused by process id:{AB8902B4-09CA-4bb6-B78D-A8F59079A8D5}. It could be a fileless...
  6. Com Surrogate Dllhost.exe using too much system CPU resources

Com Surrogate Dllhost.exe using too much system CPU resources: Greetings.I'm facing an issue with COM Surrogate using too much system resources, particularly the cpu, about 10-15% and it causes the CPU to boost and the fans in my laptop with it.It is caused by process id:{AB8902B4-09CA-4bb6-B78D-A8F59079A8D5}. It could be a fileless...
  7. Com Surrogate Dllhost.exe using too much system CPU resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search

COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search: I noticed my laptop fans become louder and I checked the task manager to find out the COM Surrogate taking 15.5+% of CPU usage. There is another problem as well, my pictures and video thumbnails are not showing, I already checked the show thumbnail instead of icons, I already...
  9. COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search: I noticed my laptop fans become louder and I checked the task manager to find out the COM Surrogate taking 15.5+% of CPU usage. There is another problem as well, my pictures and video thumbnails are not showing, I already checked the show thumbnail instead of icons, I already...
  10. COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security com surrogate pop up

2. windows security com surrogate office 365

3. windows security com surrogate

4. windows message COM surrogate. What happens if I dont sign in,
  5. com surrogate