Windows 10: comand prompt search on desktop is gone

Discus and support comand prompt search on desktop is gone in Cortana to solve the problem; where is the search bar that is usually next to the windows icon, has disappeared.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Lomom, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Lomom Win User

comand prompt search on desktop is gone

where is the search bar that is usually next to the windows icon, has disappeared.

:)

Lomom, Feb 3, 2020

2. Diffrent colors in comand prompt

I have make a menu in comand prompt, is there a way to make each line in the menu a diffrent color.

line 1 red
    line 3 blue
    eg.

Hendrikbez, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Desktop is gone

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1

Step: 1 Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip:
    Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

Step: 2 Click File > Run New Task

Step: 3 Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

Step: 4 Type PowerShell

Step: 5 Type the following in the PowerShell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Step: 6 Close the PowerShell window

Step: 7 Reboot

Method 2:

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 3, 2020
  4. comand prompt search on desktop is gone

Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box

Earlier today I opened the Comand Prompt box and I noticed there is a command C:\Users\Users. Before this I have never seen anything written in this. Does it need to be removed?

MikeFalkenstein, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

comand prompt search on desktop is gone

1. comand prompt search on desktop is gone - Similar Threads - comand prompt search

2. i can t find comands in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can t find comands in the search bar: i have a big probleme when i want to search for device manager or control panel for exampel in the search bar i can t found them . but i can found apps and files and ect...
  3. i can t find comands in the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can t find comands in the search bar: i have a big probleme when i want to search for device manager or control panel for exampel in the search bar i can t found them . but i can found apps and files and ect...
  4. i can t find comands in the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No search prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No search prompt: Hi:Windows 11 , Acer Predator Ph317-55 laptopI have been using Windows 11 and there is a search button on the task bar which I would click and then a Local Apps window would open and on top it had a search prompt box where I would type "clock" to access the clock app. Now the...
  6. No search prompt

No search prompt: Hi:Windows 11 , Acer Predator Ph317-55 laptopI have been using Windows 11 and there is a search button on the task bar which I would click and then a Local Apps window would open and on top it had a search prompt box where I would type "clock" to access the clock app. Now the...
  7. Teredo type disabled in comand prompt

Teredo type disabled in comand prompt: im trying to fix teredo so i can play on xboxlive but it says its disables in the comand prompt ive gone into the device manager to try and find it but i literally cant find it on my system and its not in my registry form either so i dont know what else to do ive also...
  8. Diffrent colors in comand prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Diffrent colors in comand prompt: I have make a menu in comand prompt, is there a way to make each line in the menu a diffrent color. line 1 red line 3 blue eg. 133660
  9. run comand

in Windows 10 Customization
    run comand: I clic on start / run and type in regedit. it use to stay there, how do I get that com to stay in there. when I close it wipes out that cmd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-comand/42849a18-85c8-489b-835b-3bc08fa77a2c
  10. Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box: Earlier today I opened the Comand Prompt box and I noticed there is a command C:\Users\Users. Before this I have never seen anything written in this. Does it need to be removed?...