Windows 10: Combine 2 partitions of the same disk. Receive error: "There is not enough space on the...

Discus and support Combine 2 partitions of the same disk. Receive error: "There is not enough space on the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I recently bought and installed an SSD. I installed windows on it and afterwards formatted my drive C and D, which is partitions of Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kosievan Deventer, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Combine 2 partitions of the same disk. Receive error: "There is not enough space on the...

Greetings,

I recently bought and installed an SSD. I installed windows on it and afterwards formatted my drive C and D, which is partitions of Disk 0. After deleting drive D from "Disk Management" it became unallocated space and I thus tried to extend C with D. I receive the following error: "There is not enough space on the disk(s) to complete this operation". I also tried to create a new simple volume from the unallocated drive but I receive the same error.

Below is a screenshot of how it looks:

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

:)

Kosievan Deventer, Oct 10, 2018

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Trying to combine disk space

Yes, as suspected, you appear to have two physical drives, one SSD and the other a mechanical hard disk.

The Disk 2 has unallocated free space.

Right click the D: volume on Disk 2 click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the rest of D. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Follow the procedures from a my previous reply to partition the drive into two so you can free up space on C:

Andre for Directly, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Combine 2 partitions of the same disk. Receive error: "There is not enough space on the...

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CCombine 2 partitions of the same disk. Receive error: "There is not enough space on the... :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Combine 2 partitions of the same disk. Receive error: "There is not enough space on the...

1. Combine 2 partitions of the same disk. Receive error: "There is not enough space on the... - Similar Threads - Combine partitions same

2. Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???: I am receiving a message that states, "not enough disk space" error message number 0x80780119, I just purchased a 4TB HDD. How is that not enough space??? I formatted it to use NTFS, I did a quick format because I tried to use a regular format and it ran on and on and never...
  3. Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???: I am receiving a message that states, "not enough disk space" error message number 0x80780119, I just purchased a 4TB HDD. How is that not enough space??? I formatted it to use NTFS, I did a quick format because I tried to use a regular format and it ran on and on and never...
  4. Not enough disk space for Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not enough disk space for Windows update: Hi,I'm using Widows 10 64 bit on a Surface Pro2. I don't have enough disk space for Windows Update. I've connected an external disk but Windows Update doesn't see it. What can I do?Best regards...
  5. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    factory reset, not enough disk space: i was gonna factory reset my laptop but it says i don’t have enough disk space. i’ve forgotten the password to my admin account and don’t have any local accounts so i can’t clear up some space that way. is there a way to clear up space without having to log in or force it to...
  6. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    factory reset, not enough disk space: i was gonna factory reset my laptop but it says i don’t have enough disk space. i’ve forgotten the password to my admin account and don’t have any local accounts so i can’t clear up some space that way. is there a way to clear up space without having to log in or force it to...
  7. 2 of the same partition in disk manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 of the same partition in disk manager?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nikkes91 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqpirk/2_of_the_same_partition_in_disk_manager/
  8. There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR: i tried to shrink space from C drive to make it unallocated , i gave 50GB from 631GB which i have still it always shows no enough space.....please help [ATTACH]...
  9. not enough disk space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....
  10. Combine Unallocated space to System Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combine Unallocated space to System Partition: Greetings all, I had 2 useless partitions, one at the very beginning of my HD and the second at the very end. My setup is GPT Basic btw. I would like to know, using MiniTool Partition Wizard version 9.1, if it is possible to merge these former partitions (now...