Windows 10: Combine microphone and application to to single output device

Discus and support Combine microphone and application to to single output device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically I want to (in Discord) be able to speak and play music so that anyone in the voice chat can hear it. More specifically, I have a program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PaiSho_RS, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Combine microphone and application to to single output device

Basically I want to (in Discord) be able to speak and play music so that anyone in the voice chat can hear it. More specifically, I have a program running that the plays sounds I play on my MIDI device. I've tried things like stereo mix & voicemeeter, but they redirect EVERY sound to the output, so it would catch the discord sound of my friends, and redirect it back. I'm wondering if it's possible to have both my microphone and a specific application as output.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/PaiSho_RS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PaiSho_RS, Jan 5, 2021

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Jan 5, 2021
  3. wb0gaz Win User
    Mono audio (ease of access) plus Listen to Microphone (audio control)

I wish to have my Windows 10 (20H2) machine listen to microphone (relay audio from sound input device to sound output device) and be in Mono audio mode (combine left and right input sound streams and send the combined result to both left and right output sound stream) at start-up.

The "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to take effect until after an (any?) application using windows sound is started. The "listen to microphone" setting IS in effect at start-up (however, the audio flow is still stereo, which is not intended.)

Here is the step-by-step:

1. Start Windows 10, no audio-based application running
    2. Ease of Access > Audio > Turn on Mono
    3. Sound Control Panel > Recording > (double click on) Microphone > Listen > [x] Listen to this Device

4. Reboot.

5. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to be in effect (left and right audio channels are still distinct)

6. Start (any) windows sound application

7. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

8. Stop the windows sound application

9. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

Repeatable beginning at step 4.

I imagine this is not intended behavior, and I'm wondering if it's an oversight in Windows 10?

Thanks for any advice or attempts to duplicate this sequence.

Dave

wb0gaz, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Combine microphone and application to to single output device

Application is using the microphone though default device is off

Since upgrade to 1903 I noticed the microphone icon is on in the taskbar. The default device mic (the webcam) is off. Skype is off too.
    Note that select icon that appear on Taskbar, camera, mic and skype are off. In previous version mic icon never showed up with this settings.
    Clicking on taskbar icon suggest that one application is using the mic. Thumbnail attached. Is this a new feature or a bug?

- - - Updated - - -

Worked out what caused the icon to show. I disabled all sound apps but my camera microphone from recording, on control panel settings. No more Icon on taskbar telling me that one application is using the microphone.

Pulcinella, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Combine microphone and application to to single output device

1. Combine microphone and application to to single output device - Similar Threads - Combine microphone application

2. I'm trying to combine an audio output and an audio input as one device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to combine an audio output and an audio input as one device: I'm not completely sure on the terminology, so bare with me please.Let me better explain what I'm trying to do:I'm trying to use GeForce Experience to record game footage that will be edited with Sony Vegas and eventually uploaded to YouTube. I currently have GeForce...
  3. I'm trying to combine an audio output and an audio input as one device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to combine an audio output and an audio input as one device: I'm not completely sure on the terminology, so bare with me please.Let me better explain what I'm trying to do:I'm trying to use GeForce Experience to record game footage that will be edited with Sony Vegas and eventually uploaded to YouTube. I currently have GeForce...
  4. Windows 10 keeps setting microphone as output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps setting microphone as output device: I have a Blue Yeti microphone and headphones, and normally everything works fine. However, sometimes Windows will, for seemingly no reason at all, override my current audio output device my headphones with my microphone. It's easy enough to change back, but it's incredibly...
  5. Windows 10 keeps setting microphone as output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps setting microphone as output device: I have a Blue Yeti microphone and headphones, and normally everything works fine. However, sometimes Windows will, for seemingly no reason at all, override my current audio output device my headphones with my microphone. It's easy enough to change back, but it's incredibly...
  6. Windows 10 keeps setting microphone as output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. microphone has no output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone has no output: my mic has not been outputting anything for the past few days and it becoming a pain. before you spit generic garbage at me my problem is something more in depth then just disabled permission all I know is the mic is plugged in I have verified it works using my phone when...
  8. Combining 2 application windows to single toggle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining 2 application windows to single toggle: Hi, I am big fan of split window future that increases my productivity. and my doubt is, Is there is any way that I can switch to 2 different application that is split in single ALT + TAB. In my case I am having edge 2 different window and VSCode+edgesplit now what to...
  9. Image Files combining application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Files combining application: while sending emails we are attaching more than one photo for example we have 6 photos attaching separately. If there will be an app in windows 10 for combining photos in one small album my mail will have just one attachment. And also in folder while you have 40 images i want...
  10. Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume: Hey all, First time poster. Be gentle :) I have a problem with the slider for a specific application in Windows 10. It is always stuck at 10% of whatever the Device volume is set to. Example: If I set the Device volume to 30%, the specific Application will be stuck at...