Windows 10: Combine partitioned drive

Discus and support Combine partitioned drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I combine a portioned drive in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richardryals, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Combine partitioned drive

How do I combine a portioned drive in Windows 10?

:)

richardryals, Feb 7, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Combine partitioned drive

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Combine partitioned drive

1. Combine partitioned drive - Similar Threads - Combine partitioned drive

2. Combine partitions on external SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combine partitions on external SSD: Have a 480 GB SSD that I had in my old PC. Have it plugged in using an external USB. I should know this. I want to combine all 5 0f these stupid partions into 1 to use as a replacement in another PC. I just want it back like as if I just took it out of a box. 183313
  3. is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?: Hi. My primary hard drive is partitioned into two and it has a small healthy partition in the middle. I want to combine both of the partitions together by extending the first partition. However the extension option in the disk management is greyed out. How do I go about...
  4. How to combine two partitions that are not contiguous?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to combine two partitions that are not contiguous?: Hi everyone. I previously had Ubuntu set up to dual boot with Windows 10 on 100 GB. I wanted to increase the size to 170 GB and reinstall Ubuntu, so I deleted the Ubuntu partition, and shrunk my C drive by 70 GB. However, there is now a recovery drive between my two...
  5. Is it safe to combine/delete these partitions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to combine/delete these partitions?: As the title says, I took a look into Disk Management on Windows 10 and am wondering if its safe to combine the two recovery partitions which are Disk 0 partition 1 and Disk 0 partition 4. (I've read that Windows creates a new partition every time there is a Windows Update so...
  6. Combining C: and D: drive partitions

Combining C: and D: drive partitions: A couple weeks ago my PC had some problems and i had to send it somewhere to fix it, now when it came back, it has two partitions, and the problem is, D: has way more memory than C: (more precisely, D: has around 850 GB and C: has 150 GB) and I really wanted to combine them...
  7. Combine partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Combine partitions: Can someone tell me how I am going to be able to put the unallocated space into my C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combine-partitions/7e0c861b-8296-4566-a83a-68e7400ca4de"
  8. How to Combine C: Drive Partition with MBR with D: Drive OP SYS

How to Combine C: Drive Partition with MBR with D: Drive OP SYS: Hello, I have gotten into quite the pickle. I had to restore my disk with Acronis. However, I had picked the wrong disk and the MBR got misplaced. Now the SFC /scannow does not work and after any windows update, my computer becomes non-bootable. I noticed that my...
  9. Combine Hard Drive Partitions

Combine Hard Drive Partitions: I am trying to combine my C: with D:. There are 3 other partitions on the drive and I'm not sure which partitions it is safe to delete or combine. 1st Partition: 1.36 GB Healthy (Recovery Partition) 2nd Partition: 518 MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) 3rd Partition:...
  10. Combine Unallocated space to System Partition

Combine Unallocated space to System Partition: Greetings all, I had 2 useless partitions, one at the very beginning of my HD and the second at the very end. My setup is GPT Basic btw. I would like to know, using MiniTool Partition Wizard version 9.1, if it is possible to merge these former partitions (now...