Windows 10: Combine partitions

Discus and support Combine partitions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can someone tell me how I am going to be able to put the unallocated space into my C drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richard000000001, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Combine partitions

Can someone tell me how I am going to be able to put the unallocated space into my C drive?

:)

richard000000001, Jun 1, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Format and Combine Partitions

Hi Michael,

Formatting and combining your partitions might be very complicated if it's not done with proper procedure. We strongly suggest that you contact your
    OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for an advanced assistance when it comes to your partition.

You might find this article helpful when it comes to managing your partition
    after formatting it with your OEM.

Regards.

Jaune Bel, Jun 1, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Combine partitions

95Viper, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Combine partitions

1. Combine partitions - Similar Threads - Combine partitions

2. Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions: I have a new Dell laptop that came with one 512GB SSD. I replaced the SSD with two 1TB SSD's and reinstalled Windows 11 using Dell Support Assist. The laptop restarted successfully. Now I am trying to reconfigure the two SSD's. At startup, one SSD Disk 1 was labelled C and...
  3. Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions: I have a new Dell laptop that came with one 512GB SSD. I replaced the SSD with two 1TB SSD's and reinstalled Windows 11 using Dell Support Assist. The laptop restarted successfully. Now I am trying to reconfigure the two SSD's. At startup, one SSD Disk 1 was labelled C and...
  4. How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?: On occasion I have tried to copy files to a MSFT standard folder but get an error there is not space.This is due to the folder is located in a partition, with other folders, that is to small to hold all the data.I have to copy the files to a "data" folder.So I would like to...
  5. How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?: On occasion I have tried to copy files to a MSFT standard folder but get an error there is not space.This is due to the folder is located in a partition, with other folders, that is to small to hold all the data.I have to copy the files to a "data" folder.So I would like to...
  6. How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Combine partitions on external SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combine partitions on external SSD: Have a 480 GB SSD that I had in my old PC. Have it plugged in using an external USB. I should know this. I want to combine all 5 0f these stupid partions into 1 to use as a replacement in another PC. I just want it back like as if I just took it out of a box. 183313
  8. is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?: Hi. My primary hard drive is partitioned into two and it has a small healthy partition in the middle. I want to combine both of the partitions together by extending the first partition. However the extension option in the disk management is greyed out. How do I go about...
  9. How to combine two partitions that are not contiguous?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to combine two partitions that are not contiguous?: Hi everyone. I previously had Ubuntu set up to dual boot with Windows 10 on 100 GB. I wanted to increase the size to 170 GB and reinstall Ubuntu, so I deleted the Ubuntu partition, and shrunk my C drive by 70 GB. However, there is now a recovery drive between my two...
  10. Is it safe to combine/delete these partitions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to combine/delete these partitions?: As the title says, I took a look into Disk Management on Windows 10 and am wondering if its safe to combine the two recovery partitions which are Disk 0 partition 1 and Disk 0 partition 4. (I've read that Windows creates a new partition every time there is a Windows Update so...