Windows 10: Combine Taskbar Buttons is not working after update

Discus and support Combine Taskbar Buttons is not working after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo T470 laptop with Windows 10. Last night Windows update ran updates and now my Taskbar buttons do not combine anymore. I have reviewed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jean PaulFarell, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Combine Taskbar Buttons is not working after update

I have a Lenovo T470 laptop with Windows 10. Last night Windows update ran updates and now my Taskbar buttons do not combine anymore.

I have reviewed the Taskbar configuration, moved the Combine Taskbar Buttons pulldown to other options and then back to "Always, hide labels"

I still see one icon for every instance/window I have open, instead of grouped ones (i.e. all Excell sheets in one icon, all Outlook elements in one icon, etc.)

It's annoying to have so many icons there - How do I restore the taskbar function so it groups my similar Windows neatly again?

Thank you!

Combine Taskbar Buttons is not working after update 36e54235-901a-4604-8a17-62d80a54ceb4?upload=true.png

:)

Jean PaulFarell, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance Combine Taskbar Buttons is not working after update :) Combine Taskbar Buttons is not working after update :)

Combine Taskbar Buttons is not working after update [​IMG]

Dark Illusionist, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Combine Taskbar Buttons is not working after update

Stop Taskbar Buttons from Combining!

I noticed that on my Windows 10 laptop, my taskbar buttons combine even though I have the setting for "never combine."

I changed the settings to "always combine" and then back to "never combine" and it still didn't work. I also did the same for "combine when taskbar is full" and it didn't work.

Does anyone know about this quirk and ho to fix it????

Thank you!

A Semi Luddite, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Combine Taskbar Buttons is not working after update

1. Combine Taskbar Buttons is not working after update - Similar Threads - Combine Taskbar Buttons

2. After 1903 update some taskbar Window buttons doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1903 update some taskbar Window buttons doesn't work: I've had this problem ever since the 1903 update. I can't pinpoint the responsible specific update although it has something to do with the 1903 update. I believe it's the KB4507453 update. The clock, network, sound and notification icon doesn't respond when i left click them...
  3. Taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar buttons: Since the 1903 update, when I hover the cursor over a taskbar button I no longer get a thumbnail preview. How do I get the thumbnail back? Thank you 135496
  4. Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working: I'm using 2 monitors, I have 2 task bars, I have it set so programs on the left monitor have a task bar with only those icons. The same for the right monitor.... I have it set to NOT group icons but win groups them anyway. settings are done correctly, registry shows '2'...
  5. Windows start button, and taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Windows start button, and taskbar not working: I have a surface pro 5 running Windows 10, I was unable to logon due to a Group Policy service not starting. I ran a number of suggested fixes without success. I have now reinstalled Windows 10 (keeping my files option). I can now log in, but the start button does not work,...
  6. Start Button and taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button and taskbar not working: Please help. Windows 10 has worked pretty well since installing it a couple of months ago but last week suddenly the taskbar is empty and start button not working. I tried the powershell idea but as nothing shows up in the taskbar I can't run as administrator. I'm 62 years...
  7. Taskbar/Start button not working!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start button not working!: I have Window 10, just upgraded it was working great I turned my computer off and went to bed last night. Today I turn it on and now when I click the start button or windows key. The mouse just looks like it is loading, the taskbar flashes, and nothing comes up. I'm not able...
  8. Taskbar not working after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar not working after update: Hi, I have an HP Pavillion laptop that came with windows 8.1, but I have upgraded to windows 10. I upgraded on launch day and everything was fine. I went out and left my computer on, when I came back, my computer was updating in a cool sci-fi looking gui, big percentage sign,...
  9. Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working: I just install windows 10 on my friend's laptop, but it has some issues. - Preview windows don't appear when hovering on taskbar icons. - Left clicking on taskbar icons does not work, the preview windows appear momentarily then disappear right away, this makes me...
  10. Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 3, updated for Windows 10. I have been switching in and out of tablet mode, and I find myself at a point where now my task bar are not working. For example, when I click on the "Action Center" nothing pops up, or when I click on the WiFi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. combine taskbar buttons not working

2. windows combine taskbar buttons not working

3. NEVER COMBINE ON WIN10 PRO DOESNT WORK IT STILL COMBINES

4. problems with taskbar buttons combine