Windows 10: Combined printer with scanner Brother DCP -J315W: prints perfectly, but suddenly stops scanning?

Discus and support Combined printer with scanner Brother DCP -J315W: prints perfectly, but suddenly stops scanning? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Scanner indicates when I go to scan medium: Connection is checked and then nothing happens. The connection is via cable and is flawless, because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by surfgirl29, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Combined printer with scanner Brother DCP -J315W: prints perfectly, but suddenly stops scanning?

Scanner indicates when I go to scan medium: Connection is checked and then nothing happens. The connection is via cable and is flawless, because printer/scanner also prints files from PC. Furthermore, the scanner/printer is also connected via WLan. The connection is probably not the problem. When I go to scan and text/image I am asked to insert medium, but the medium is already on the glass plate of the scanner. Last month he printed without problems. I have already uninstalled all updates from Microsoft, because sometimes it depends on updates. I also switched off the scanner and took it off power. What else can I do? I have to scan urgently...

:)

surfgirl29, Aug 2, 2020

2. KB4560960 causes DCP-J315W printer failure, KB4567512 doesn't fix it

Since update KB4560960, my Brother DCP-J315W all in one doesn't print; what is the solution?

alan evans cuff, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10S Brother printer DCP-195C will not work

My printer is a Brother DCP-197C and before I read about the Windows 10 Update 'stopping printing' issue, I downloaded the latest device drivers and printer software (DCP-197C on Windows 10) from the Brother website. I followed the Brother website instructions
    to uninstall all of the previous Brother printer software, including the device driver(s), and started from scratch; everything is reinstalled, so I know that my printer software is up to date. BUT the Brother DCP-197C still would not work and that is when
    I trawled the internet and found these posts about the Windows 10 Update 'stopping printing' issue. De-installing the Windows Update, following the advice in these posts, solved my problem BUT all my printer software is now up to date.

You might want to do the same thing; de-install the driver(s) and software for your printer, then re-install the latest Windows 10 versions from the Brother website to see if this solves your problem on Windows 10.

There may also be a third Windows 10 Update, not mentioned in these posts yet, that is causing perfectly OK printers to stop printing.

Christopher David Horner, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Combined printer with scanner Brother DCP -J315W: prints perfectly, but suddenly stops scanning?

Win 10 update 2004 - Cannot print document

Brother DCP-J315W. printer will not work after update 2004.

My problem was that my Brother printer could scan or copy but would not print from the computer. The scanner operated perfectly through the network. I have never used the Fax system.

I had exactly the same problem and after reading all the posts I Uninstalled the update KB4557957.

My printer worked again.

It is a Brother DCP-J315W.

I am unsure as yet what else will not work.

Mike McCann.

MikeMccann3, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Combined printer with scanner Brother DCP -J315W: prints perfectly, but suddenly stops scanning?

1. Combined printer with scanner Brother DCP -J315W: prints perfectly, but suddenly stops scanning? - Similar Threads - Combined printer scanner

2. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  3. My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW

My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW: My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW. I tried to uninstall it and then reinstalling it, but that did not help. What could be the problem, and how can I fix it?...
  4. Brother DCP-135C Printer stopped working

Brother DCP-135C Printer stopped working: For some reason my printer has stopped working. The document is in the queue for the printer and then disappears as if it has been printed but it has not. The same happens with a test print too. I understand that there was a recent update and that that has caused some...
  5. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  6. Win10 print problem - Brother DCP-330C scanning but not printing

Win10 print problem - Brother DCP-330C scanning but not printing: On friends Windows 10 having suddenly (yesterday) problem with printing on Brother DCP-330C multifunction. Windows sees printer online and is set to default. Scanning works fine. It's connected via USB. Printer works fine on another PC, so printer is OK. Brother software sees...
  7. Brother printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brother printer/scanner: Can anybody help? I have just come back from holiday and the scanner appears to have stopped working. I am using the ControlCentre4 and it keeps coming up with an error code saying printer not found. The code is CC4-202. The printer is being picked up when I print and...
  8. Why doesn't Windows Fax and Scan see my Brother DCP printer/scanner?

Why doesn't Windows Fax and Scan see my Brother DCP printer/scanner?: Why doesn't Windows Fax and Scan see my Brother DCP printer/scanner? It still 'sees' a printer that is not connected and one that is connected but on which the scanner is useless because of a false paper jam alert. What ever happened to plug and play?? A few years age...
  9. Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer

Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer: I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver software (W10 compatible) but the install program says the USB cable is not plugged in [which is incorrect] , in other...
  10. Brother printer scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer scanner: The printer works ok, but I cant scan/file or email. The message I get is "Unable to write the file to destination folder Brother say its a Microsoft issue. I am the sole user of my computer, and the only administrator Its so bad, I will have to buy another printer as...