Windows 10: Combining a local windows 10 account to a Microsoft account that already exist on windows 10

Discus and support Combining a local windows 10 account to a Microsoft account that already exist on windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have two accounts on my computer that I want to merge. One is a local account that I want to merge with my Microsoft account so I can sync... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by W.Donaghy, Jul 31, 2020.

1. W.Donaghy Win User

Combining a local windows 10 account to a Microsoft account that already exist on windows 10

I have two accounts on my computer that I want to merge. One is a local account that I want to merge with my Microsoft account so I can sync everything and have all my files and desktop settings. But I don't see any way of doing that? Please help.

:)

W.Donaghy, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Combining a local windows 10 account to a Microsoft account that already exist on windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 31, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Combining a local windows 10 account to a Microsoft account that already exist on windows 10

95Viper, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Combining a local windows 10 account to a Microsoft account that already exist on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Combining local account

2. "Account already exist"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  3. "Account already exist"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  4. Switch local to Microsoft account : can't do, already exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch local to Microsoft account : can't do, already exists: HiI have setup some years ago a local account that I want to switch now to a Microsoft account.Logged with that local user, under parameters/account, I click on "connect with a Microsoft account". At the end of the process, an error pops up and says " xxx@**** is already...
  5. Switch local to Microsoft account : can't do, already exists

Switch local to Microsoft account : can't do, already exists: HiI have setup some years ago a local account that I want to switch now to a Microsoft account.Logged with that local user, under parameters/account, I click on "connect with a Microsoft account". At the end of the process, an error pops up and says " xxx@**** is already...
  6. Combining existing microsoft account with new one

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining existing microsoft account with new one: I must have had another Microsoft account prior to the new one that I created because it is saying that my email is already in use. How do I combine accounts and/or delete old account?...
  7. Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.

Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.: Dear all, I know there are a quite a few posts out there, but none of them are well documented and none of the given solutions solved mine, so here I am. The problem: I cannot add ANY mail account using windows 10 mail, I tried two hotmail accounts and two google...
  8. Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.

Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.: Dear all, I know there are a quite a few posts out there, but none of them are well documented and none of the given solutions solved mine, so here I am. The problem: I cannot add ANY mail account using windows 10 mail, I tried two hotmail accounts and two google...
  9. Inheriting settings of an existing local account (windows 10)

Inheriting settings of an existing local account (windows 10): I wish to make a new local account so that it can inherit settings(all settings including desktop background, start-menu pinned items, folder options etc) of another existing account. Is it possible to do in windows 10? If so, please detail the steps. Microsoft's 'User...
  10. Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 You need a user account to use Windows, and if you share a single PC with other people, each person should have their own account. Each person can...