Windows 10: Combining C: and D: drive partitions

Discus and support Combining C: and D: drive partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple weeks ago my PC had some problems and i had to send it somewhere to fix it, now when it came back, it has two partitions, and the problem is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pedrokopp, Dec 1, 2019.

1. pedrokopp Win User

Combining C: and D: drive partitions

A couple weeks ago my PC had some problems and i had to send it somewhere to fix it, now when it came back, it has two partitions, and the problem is, D: has way more memory than C: (more precisely, D: has around 850 GB and C: has 150 GB) and I really wanted to combine them back, because C: is the primary partition, and I don't know how to fix that.

(Yes, I know the info below is in portuguese, but it's obvious what it represents.)

Combining C: and D: drive partitions a8c53148-ee27-46dd-946d-5191fdd1eb3c?upload=true.png

Combining C: and D: drive partitions 5afa6915-f2ba-4b4b-8d30-6a416a989fe3?upload=true.png

:)

pedrokopp, Dec 1, 2019

2. Combining C and D drives

Alice, are you having any specific issues related to having two drives/partitions? For various reasons it is actually recommended to have a separate partition for your data, instead of having just a single one for both your data and Windows.

If you really want to combine them regardless you will need to obtain the help of someone knowledgable, otherwise you run the risk of losing all your existing data too.

As for your lost desktop icons/files/folders, it's difficult to suggest anything without knowing what exactly the technician did. They may simply have been moved somewhere temporarily, and perhaps the technician forgot to put them back. Or they may have
    been deleted, in which case you'll have to use data recovery software but there's no guarantee you'll recover everything. But first, any way you can ask the technician to list all the changes made to your system?

RobertJWin, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 1, 2019
  4. silvanasp Win User

partitioning C: D: drives

Question

• Combining C: and D: drive partitions [​IMG]

Applies to

0 views partitioning c and d drives

SI

asked on

can anyone explain why my d drive has 759 GB

and my c drive 239 GB

is there any logical reason for this type of partitioning?

i back up to G drive - external drive.

What can i do with D drive, how can i utilize this 759 GB of space?

You had this question

silvanasp, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Combining C: and D: drive partitions - Similar Threads - Combining drive partitions

2. Want to combine disk C and D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to combine disk C and D: I have a solid state drive and there is C and D drive on Disk 1. D is unallocated but when try to Expand Volume of C, the Extend Volume prompt is greyed out. I did what all the instructions stated. I deleted D and it became unallocated, but now it won't combine! I need help,...
  3. Want to combine disk C and D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to combine disk C and D: I have a solid state drive and there is C and D drive on Disk 1. D is unallocated but when try to Expand Volume of C, the Extend Volume prompt is greyed out. I did what all the instructions stated. I deleted D and it became unallocated, but now it won't combine! I need help,...
  4. Want to combine disk C and D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Drive C/D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive C/D: So my local disk C is full because it has barely any storage and i need to download some stuff but i cant and i want to switch to my D drive because it has a lot more storage but i dont know what the consequences are and how to do it and if i can do it. If someone could help...
  6. Combine partitioned drive

Combine partitioned drive: How do I combine a portioned drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combine-partitioned-drive/75c5e2ae-3689-45d8-a66c-69a1850e4f62"
  7. Partitioned drives C vs D

Partitioned drives C vs D: Hi I bought a new Windows 10 notebook. I did not realize that the data storage was partitioned. I have 119 GB on C: "Windows" and 930 GB on D: "data drive". My files do not all fit on C:. I assume the data on the D drive loses some functionality, but I don't know what...
  8. Resetting Win10 on a partitioned SSD (C:// & D:// Drives)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Win10 on a partitioned SSD (C:// & D:// Drives): Hello! I've had some serious issues with my ASUS ROG Strix laptop, and it has gotten to the point where it will freeze before I have the chance to sign in. It often crashes when I do this. I've tried to boot up the computer in safe/recovery mode, but haven't had much luck,...
  9. How to Combine C: Drive Partition with MBR with D: Drive OP SYS

How to Combine C: Drive Partition with MBR with D: Drive OP SYS: Hello, I have gotten into quite the pickle. I had to restore my disk with Acronis. However, I had picked the wrong disk and the MBR got misplaced. Now the SFC /scannow does not work and after any windows update, my computer becomes non-bootable. I noticed that my...
  10. Combine Hard Drive Partitions

Combine Hard Drive Partitions: I am trying to combine my C: with D:. There are 3 other partitions on the drive and I'm not sure which partitions it is safe to delete or combine. 1st Partition: 1.36 GB Healthy (Recovery Partition) 2nd Partition: 518 MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) 3rd Partition:...