Windows 10: Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management?

Discus and support Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello guys i wanted to see if there was a way i could combine my two ssd drives into 1 disk.. it originally came with only 1tb of hhd and 1tb of ssd...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Razgneir, May 12, 2020.

1. Razgneir Win User

Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management?

Hello guys i wanted to see if there was a way i could combine my two ssd drives into 1 disk.. it originally came with only 1tb of hhd and 1tb of ssd... i had an issue with the system32 and sent it to geeksquad for repairs, when i got it back i had 4 disks, 500gb ssd x2, and 500gb hhdx2... they manage to put the hhd 1 together but not the ssd so i was wondering if there was any way i could merge my two ssds? Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management? 229f14a8-8141-4eee-aee5-d83dcb96fe85?upload=true.png

:)

Razgneir, May 12, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, May 12, 2020
  3. Jefrison Win User
    M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, May 12, 2020
  4. Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management?

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management?

1. Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management? - Similar Threads - Combining Disk disk

2. combining 2 SSDs from separate disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    combining 2 SSDs from separate disks: Hi,Is it possible to combine 2 SSDs from separated disks into one? I bought my acer nitro 5 and had it upgraded the SSD but when it came they were in 2 separate disks. My SSD 1 disk 1 kept filing up with files while the SSD is not being used at all. I would like to combine...
  3. combining 2 SSDs from separate disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    combining 2 SSDs from separate disks: Hi,Is it possible to combine 2 SSDs from separated disks into one? I bought my acer nitro 5 and had it upgraded the SSD but when it came they were in 2 separate disks. My SSD 1 disk 1 kept filing up with files while the SSD is not being used at all. I would like to combine...
  4. Hi, why is diskpart showing disk 2 instead of disk 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, why is diskpart showing disk 2 instead of disk 1?: My C Drive is 0, but why is my backup drive 2? Shouldn't it be 1?Windows 11 Pro Latest version 21H2 22000.194 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-why-is-diskpart-showing-disk-2-instead-of-disk/5cb4c291-2d06-43cf-9418-48393c5882e0
  5. 1 SSD showing 2 "disks"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 SSD showing 2 "disks": I only have 1, 250 GB SSD on my laptop. After installing then uninstalling Linux, I now have DISK 0 and DISK 1, DISK 0 is around 13.5 GB's. How do I remove DISK 0 and reclaim the space to DISK 1.. Here is an image from "Disk Manager".. I have also created a virtual HDD in...
  6. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1: My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently updated my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe - M2. After cloning my old OEN SSD using Samsung Data Migration Tool to the new disk, and replacing the old one with the new...
  7. Disk Management: Why does my second hard drive, SSD display as Disk 2 instead of Disk 1?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Management: Why does my second hard drive, SSD display as Disk 2 instead of Disk 1?: My 3 hard drives first appeared as the following, Disk 0 = 6TB WD Disk 1 = 2TB Samsung SSD Disk 2 = 512GB Samsung M.2 I am on a mission for, Disk 0 = 512GB Samsung M.2 C: Windows/Programs Disk 1 = 2TB Samsung SSD D: Games Disk 2 = 6TB WD E:...
  8. 2 of the same partition in disk manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 of the same partition in disk manager?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nikkes91 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqpirk/2_of_the_same_partition_in_disk_manager/
  9. How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?: How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-combine-disk-1-and-disk-0-or-how-take-the/3eed52f7-3b97-42c9-af39-f5b6a9afccc7
  10. M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,: Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD. Can anybody help me resolve this, please?...