Windows 10: Combining Microsoft and Skype account

Discus and support Combining Microsoft and Skype account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just set up my new PC running Windows 10. It asked for my MS account or Skype name, I entered my Skype name. Now it often asks for my email address.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThomasCrawley1, May 18, 2020.

1. Combining Microsoft and Skype account

I just set up my new PC running Windows 10. It asked for my MS account or Skype name, I entered my Skype name. Now it often asks for my email address. I enter the email address associated with my MS account. I cannot go further, because I get the error message that the email address is already in use as a MS account. Yes, my account!! In which I have an Office subscription that I need to install on my new PC. How can I combine the MS Skype account with my main MS account associated with my email address, so that I don't have this problem?

:)

ThomasCrawley1, May 18, 2020
  2. GrishaP Win User

Is there a way to delete my Microsoft automated Skype account and to combine my two Skype accounts?

Original Title: Skype/Skype Video

So I have a Dell Inspiron 11 laptop with windows 10. After getting the laptop I created a Microsoft account. Before getting the laptop I had already made a Skype account not using a Microsoft account. The questions are:

What is Skype video? It seems to automatically use my Microsoft account to create a Skype account.

Is there a way to delete my Microsoft automated Skype account?

Is there a way to combine my two Skype accounts?

Thanks to those to answer!

GrishaP, May 18, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Why are Skype accounts getting hacked so easily?

Read more: Why are Skype accounts getting hacked so easily? - The Verge

Brink, May 18, 2020
  4. Xudan Win User

Combining Microsoft and Skype account

Unable to Sign in to Skype Using Microsoft Account

First of all, sorry as I don't know where exactly this topic should go to...But I'm really annoyed by the problem with my Skype.

BACKGROUND INFO:

• Operating System: Windows 10 x64, without any third-party antivirus software.
    • Skype version is 7.7.0.103 and Help->Check for Update tells me it's the latest version.
    • My Microsoft account (which is an @outlook.com email address) is working well: now I can still sign into any other Microsoft services (including my Windows 10 operating system) and websites without any problem.
    • Two Step Verification is turned on for my Microsoft account.

DESCRIPTION:

• I was able to sign in at Skype using the same Microsoft account just minutes ago.
    • After upgrading Skype software, I tried to sign in as usual. But after entering password and verification code (for two-step verification), Skype (or the Microsoft login interface) told me "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again".
    • I tried again, again and again, but got the same result.
    • I tried to 1) change my password; 2) turn off two-step verification, but neither works for me.
    • I tried to 1) uninstall/reinstall Skype; 2) Remove Skype configurations on my computer; 3) login to Skype using my Microsoft account on another computer, but got the same result--so this is probably not computer-specific.
    • I tried to change to another wifi hotspot but still no good.
    • I tried to login on my computer using my friend's Microsoft account, and YES the account can log in.

I need to login to my Skype as I've got hundreds of contacts there...Is there any ways to resolve the issue? Anyone can help? If needed I can provide you my MSFT account via private message.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Xudan, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Combining Microsoft and Skype account

1. Combining Microsoft and Skype account - Similar Threads - Combining Microsoft Skype

2. how to combine microsoft accounts?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to combine microsoft accounts?: I have three microsoft accounts - how can I make these into one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-combine-microsoft-accounts/7962a198-13c0-465b-8224-97b4d75f0a2c
  3. how to combine microsoft accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to combine microsoft accounts?: I have three microsoft accounts - how can I make these into one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-combine-microsoft-accounts/7962a198-13c0-465b-8224-97b4d75f0a2c
  4. how to combine microsoft accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Combining User Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Combining User Accounts: I need to combine folders before I do a clean install. My OS won't update past build 1809. But before I do so, I need to combine a few user accounts and archive/back them up. How can I do this? It would certainly make it easier to make sure everything is backed up...
  6. Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger

Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger: Hello team, I hope you can help me out. Back in time I had created different Skype accounts for work purposes. Since now, Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts are the same thing, I have a number of duplicate accounts mainly because the Microsoft accounts were directly...
  7. Combining existing microsoft account with new one

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining existing microsoft account with new one: I must have had another Microsoft account prior to the new one that I created because it is saying that my email is already in use. How do I combine accounts and/or delete old account?...
  8. Skype Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Skype Account: I can't get into my skype account. I get a message saying "something is wrong" and referring me to account.live.com. I have a MS account and password and everything seems ok apart from skype. what should I do...
  9. SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account

SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account: Hi, I have tried to connect via the WIN10 get help app and could not get a call-back or chat to a customer service rep today when I needed them. I have the following problem: 1. I have a HOME Microsoft account (O365 subscription) which is linked to (I must have linked...
  10. Microsoft account to use skype

Microsoft account to use skype: Hi, On Setptember 13th, I create a new Microsoft account to use Skype. It asked me my phone number, in which I received a code. Then I create the Skype account. In the next day, I tried to login using that account in Microsoft and it told me that it didnt recognized my...