Windows 10: Combining music in WMP

Discus and support Combining music in WMP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to combine items of music into individual albums. As an example I may have two identical albums (say two Arthur Lyman albums) pictured with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgebLowe, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Combining music in WMP

I am trying to combine items of music into individual albums. As an example I may have two identical albums (say two Arthur Lyman albums) pictured with different selections from the same album. One has tracks 1,3 and 5 and 7.The other 2,4,8, etc. Is there a way to combine the different tracks into one or the other and eliminate the , now empty one?

:)

GeorgebLowe, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

WMP Problem

It should be there. Let's try again, step by step.

First, find out what version of Windows you have. Use the Winkey + R to bring up the 'Run' box, type Winver then click OK. You should see a version number, 1511, 1607 or 1703.

If you have 1703, open Settings > Apps. For any other version open Settings > System.

Click on Default in the list to the left (in 1703 it's called Default apps).

Scroll down the list to find 'Video player'. This will probably say the default is 'Films & TV'. Whatever it says, click on it to bring up a list of possible apps to set as the default. You should see something like this with Windows Media Player in the 'Choose an application' list. Click on Windows Media Player and it will become the default for all types of video.

Combining music in WMP [​IMG]

3. WMP 12 in Windows 10

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10, but my music library is empty in WMP 12. I have deleted the library database, changed music locations and added into "organize" and still no listing in the library. Can anyone suggest how I can get my library back
    and hence play music in WMP 12?

DavidSnashall, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Combining music in WMP

Combining mp3's

Please can I ask for clarification?

Your files are not "in" iTunes, groove or windows media player. They are in your filing system and are merely listed by those applications because of settings you or Windows have applied to them.

What are you actually trying to achieve?
    - Are you just trying to get one of these applications to list all your music files?
    - Or do you really have some need to have everything in one folder?

Just by way of example, WMP monitors the folder [and any subfolders] that you have set as your User's Music folder. All the audio files in that/those folders will be listed in WMP's Music library. You can also tell WMP to list the audio files in other folders by adding them as 'Monitored folders'
    - WMP, Organise, Manage libraries, Music. Click on Add ... then select the folder you want for it & its subfolders to be included in WMP's Music library.

So there is no need to put everything in one folder to see it all listed as one music library in WMP. I imagine those other applciations might have similar facilities but I am not familair with them.

Denis

Thema:

Combining music in WMP

1. Combining music in WMP - Similar Threads - Combining music WMP

2. MP3 music syncing with WMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MP3 music syncing with WMP: Hi: I am trying to transfer a playlist of MP3s music to a thumb drive for playback in my Honda 2013 sound system via an USB receptacle jack. With the Play tab selected in WMP, I selected all songs and dragged to the Playlist righthand panel. Then selected the Sync tab....
  3. wmp 12 or groove music needs codec

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wmp 12 or groove music needs codec: windows 10 windows media player 12 or groove music can't play wma file needs codec to play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-12-or-groove-music-needs-codec/b1064568-ccec-47a9-bb38-6caa4d42fd06
  4. Error 0xc00d4e86 in Xbox Music, Movies & TV, Groove Music, WMP apps

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0xc00d4e86 in Xbox Music, Movies & TV, Groove Music, WMP apps: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will examine the cause and then provide the remediation to the error 0xc00d4e86 you might encounter with Windows 10 native media like Xbox Music, Windows Media Player, Groove Music, or Movies & TV apps when you [...] This post Error...
  5. WMP will not create a music CD

WMP will not create a music CD: Many thanks to those who may have offered their suggestions. Most unfortunately, NOTHING WORKED. I tried every suggestion that was offered but without success. I did, however manage to create the Music CD I wanted, BUT on a competitor's system/software. Need less...
  6. wmp onedrive music and folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wmp onedrive music and folder issue: So trying to remove onedrive music folder and can not delete, takeover or move the onedrive path. I have created a new music folder in the c:/users/user/Music and copied all of the music folders to that directory. The desktop shortcut still points to Thispc/Music with the...
  7. how to transfer music from wmp to mp3

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to transfer music from wmp to mp3: how to transfer music from wmp to mp3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-transfer-music-from-wmp-to-mp3/cf3c4cba-f60f-4002-9767-d9e2e9044d93
  8. Burning music to a disc in WMP...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning music to a disc in WMP...: When trying to burn music from my library to a disc I get the following message after it indicates the burn is complete: "Windows Media Player encountered an error while burning. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged."...
  9. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: After over 20 years of enjoying music through WMP I find on this near new laptop with WIn 10 that WMP won't play music files from the music folder or those stored in the WMP library. So I went to give feedback via the Feedback Hub but the msg was not sent as I was informed...
  10. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: I keep hearing good things about Iceland jimbo ... hopefully get there to visit (but in the Summer!) skal @nithig Thanks - it's a great friendly place like Ireland the same philosophy "No such thing as strangers -- just friends who haven't yet met" !!!!! try the...