Windows 10: Combining phone number & emails into one account

Discus and support Combining phone number & emails into one account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to add an email & my phone number my to account aliases keeps telling me they are already taken how do i get them both into current account??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kahinphxaz, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Combining phone number & emails into one account

Trying to add an email & my phone number my to account aliases keeps telling me they are already taken how do i get them both into current account??

:)

kahinphxaz, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Combining phone number & emails into one account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Combining phone number & emails into one account

1. Combining phone number & emails into one account - Similar Threads - Combining phone number

2. How to change email and phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change email and phone number: Need to change my email address and phone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-email-and-phone-number/6d95109c-bff4-4295-aaf8-53b126b9f52f
  3. How to change email and phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change email and phone number: Need to change my email address and phone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-email-and-phone-number/6d95109c-bff4-4295-aaf8-53b126b9f52f
  4. Transfer phone number from one to another Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer phone number from one to another Microsoft account: Hey there,I have an old Microsoft account with my phone number attached to it. After years I now created a new account and I would like to link my phone number to it. But every time I try it says: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."I do...
  5. Transfer phone number from one to another Microsoft account

Transfer phone number from one to another Microsoft account: Hey there,I have an old Microsoft account with my phone number attached to it. After years I now created a new account and I would like to link my phone number to it. But every time I try it says: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."I do...
  6. Change account phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change account phone number: How do I change the account phone number? every response I’ve seen says to log in to security settings…BUT…that wants me to verify my account with a TEXT…I no longer have that phone…VERY FRUSTRATING...
  7. Change account phone number

Change account phone number: How do I change the account phone number? every response I’ve seen says to log in to security settings…BUT…that wants me to verify my account with a TEXT…I no longer have that phone…VERY FRUSTRATING...
  8. My Microsoft account was hacked, email and phone number changed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Microsoft account was hacked, email and phone number changed.: Hello, A bunch of my accounts were just hacked and all the info changed in a data leak that happened.In this, whoever had access to my accounts changed ALL necessary info to make sure I can't even log into my microsoft account, including changing the email and phone number,...
  9. My Microsoft account was hacked, email and phone number changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account was hacked, email and phone number changed.: Hello, A bunch of my accounts were just hacked and all the info changed in a data leak that happened.In this, whoever had access to my accounts changed ALL necessary info to make sure I can't even log into my microsoft account, including changing the email and phone number,...
  10. My Microsoft account was hacked, email and phone number changed.