Windows 10: Combining system files from across multiple disks to system image

Discus and support Combining system files from across multiple disks to system image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to create a System Image so that I can move my Windows 10 install to a larger M.2 SSD, however, over time I've installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by usnmjim1, Apr 16, 2020.

1. usnmjim1 Win User

Combining system files from across multiple disks to system image

Hello,

I've been trying to create a System Image so that I can move my Windows 10 install to a larger M.2 SSD, however, over time I've installed multiple apps onto other internal disks that I have. "Create system image" is failing to create a unified image. I've already scanned and repaired any corrupt system files via Command Prompt, but the imaging still fails.

Is there some other process to cloning the system when it is spread across multiple drives?

Ideally, I'd like to consolidate everything onto the single drive.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Jim W

:)

usnmjim1, Apr 16, 2020

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 16, 2020
  3. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Combining system files from across multiple disks to system image

System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Combining system files from across multiple disks to system image

1. Combining system files from across multiple disks to system image - Similar Threads - Combining system files

2. Hard drive crashed non system have multiple disks on system image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive crashed non system have multiple disks on system image.: Is it possible to recover just the drive that crashed from the system image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crashed-non-system-have-multiple-disks/f09290c9-287e-4834-b321-706792f05a1c
  3. Hard drive crashed non system have multiple disks on system image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive crashed non system have multiple disks on system image.: Is it possible to recover just the drive that crashed from the system image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crashed-non-system-have-multiple-disks/f09290c9-287e-4834-b321-706792f05a1c
  4. Hard drive crashed non system have multiple disks on system image.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Non system disk in system image

Non system disk in system image: I trying to create system image in Windows 10. Chose where I want to save the backup, after that system shows to me what drives will be backed up: EFI System Partition Game_Storage E: System Recovery Partition System C: System Problem is that Game_Storage E: is not...
  6. Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD

Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD: I am replacing my hard disk. I have system image backup and system repair disk. Can I just restore to an empty hard disk or do I need to install a new copy of Windows 10....
  7. System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk...."

System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk....": Hi, I have a laptop with a SSD. I made two logical partition C and D on a SSD, so I installed Win 10 on the C logical disk and made a backup image on the D logical disk. In win 7, I can restore my back-up image on another logical disk, but I tried to recover in Win 10. I...
  8. System Image & System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & System Repair Disk: My company jettisoned our IT Department and contracted for IT services with an outside firm. Field personnel provided with laptop or desktop (or both) are now required to perform a System Image once per week and, in addition, to create a System Repair CD/DVD each week as part...
  9. System Image & Repair Disk

System Image & Repair Disk: Hello all, When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB external drive. So I took his recommendation and bought one of those USB types. As I pulled up the application to perform this...
  10. System Disk Image/Clone

System Disk Image/Clone: There's been some discussion on this in another thread & having previously not been too successful in the past, I'd like to seek some advice. When a disk is cloned it makes an identical copy to another HD; the idea being that if the one in use fails, then the cloned HD can...