Windows 10: Combining taskbar buttons causes some icons to not display.

Discus and support Combining taskbar buttons causes some icons to not display. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I choose "Always, hide labels" in the taskbar options, it makes some icons not display properly. For instance, Firefox, at far right in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shmu26, Jun 16, 2021.

1. shmu26 Win User

Combining taskbar buttons causes some icons to not display.

When I choose "Always, hide labels" in the taskbar options, it makes some icons not display properly. For instance, Firefox, at far right in screenshots. Windows 10 21HI

:)

shmu26, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance Combining taskbar buttons causes some icons to not display. :) Combining taskbar buttons causes some icons to not display. :)

Combining taskbar buttons causes some icons to not display. 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Mike_11_ Win User

Pinning Firefox to Taskbar causes second icon on tasbar to appear

This is not the solution to this particular problem. The same thing is happening with Skype. As you can see I only have one Skype window open, taskbar properties are set to combine buttons, yet there are two Skype icons.

http://i.imgur.com/GEie0A5.png

This was a problem in Windows 7 but it could be solved by unpinning the old icon and pinning the new one. This does not work in Windows 10 so it is likely a different problem.

Mike_11_, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Combining taskbar buttons causes some icons to not display. - Similar Threads - Combining taskbar buttons

2. How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?: I do not want to combine the icons on the taskbar but at the same time I need to hide the labels as they take up too much space. This was an available option in Windows 10 but for some reason, it seems like Windows 11 has taken a step backwards by removing options such as...
  3. How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?: I do not want to combine the icons on the taskbar but at the same time I need to hide the labels as they take up too much space. This was an available option in Windows 10 but for some reason, it seems like Windows 11 has taken a step backwards by removing options such as...
  4. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  5. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  6. Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11: Numerous postings reporting the ability to Combine Taskbar Buttons in Win 11 has been removed either intentionally or by oversight.Many responses stating that MS is aware and developers are working on a fix to restore this small but for many critical capability.Months have...
  7. Combine Taskbar Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combine Taskbar Buttons: One, if not the only think I dislike about Windows 11, is the lack of choice in regards to the taskbar buttons. In most of my work there are several Excel sheets in full screen open. It is difficult to work with them, when the buttons are combined. Hovering on them with the...
  8. Combine Taskbar Buttons

Combine Taskbar Buttons: One, if not the only think I dislike about Windows 11, is the lack of choice in regards to the taskbar buttons. In most of my work there are several Excel sheets in full screen open. It is difficult to work with them, when the buttons are combined. Hovering on them with the...
  9. Taskbar buttons combining

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons combining: Win 10 Pro, v1903. Related issues have been discussed before but I didn't find a solution to my specific issue: Combine taskbar buttons is set to never on the Personalization screen. Each time I open a new app, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine! Each time I...
  10. Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working: I just install windows 10 on my friend's laptop, but it has some issues. - Preview windows don't appear when hovering on taskbar icons. - Left clicking on taskbar icons does not work, the preview windows appear momentarily then disappear right away, this makes me...