Windows 10: Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working

Discus and support Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using 2 monitors, I have 2 task bars, I have it set so programs on the left monitor have a task bar with only those icons. The same for the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisPbass, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working

I'm using 2 monitors, I have 2 task bars, I have it set so programs on the left monitor have a task bar with only those icons. The same for the right monitor....
    I have it set to NOT group icons but win groups them anyway.

settings are done correctly, registry shows '2' which is don't group.

Is this due to having 2 monitors or a related setting?

Thanks!

:)

ChrisPbass, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working :) Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working :)

Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working

1. Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working - Similar Threads - Combining taskbar icons

2. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combinedAfter a recent win update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. Now I have 20 plus icons on the tool bar. I have tried previous advice I found to combine the icons on...
  3. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combinedAfter a recent win update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. Now I have 20 plus icons on the tool bar. I have tried previous advice I found to combine the icons on...
  4. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons: I know that the "never combine" taskbar setting is not available in Windows 11. Is this something that will be corrected in an update, or has this been removed permanently? Feedback to Microsoft - I prefer to see all open files and not have to hover over the icon to choose...
  6. Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons: I know that the "never combine" taskbar setting is not available in Windows 11. Is this something that will be corrected in an update, or has this been removed permanently? Feedback to Microsoft - I prefer to see all open files and not have to hover over the icon to choose...
  7. "Always, hide labels" not combining icons on taskbar

"Always, hide labels" not combining icons on taskbar: I have Combine taskbar buttons and combine buttons on other taskbars for multiple displays both set to "Always, hide labels," but they have recently started opening a second button again as you can see with Excel: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I get this to go back to just one...
  8. Combine taskbar not working

Combine taskbar not working: I'm experiencing a problem with the taskbar combine buttons, it doesn't work with all my programs, even Microsoft Edge, as you can see in the images below: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Can you please provide me with an explanation please, I also having the same issue on my other...
  9. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: After win 10 update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. ***Title Modified Original: sticky notes***...
  10. Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working: I just install windows 10 on my friend's laptop, but it has some issues. - Preview windows don't appear when hovering on taskbar icons. - Left clicking on taskbar icons does not work, the preview windows appear momentarily then disappear right away, this makes me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 taskbar never combining icons setting not working

2. combine taskbar buttons doesnt work