Windows 10: Combining two different hard disks to extend C Drive?

Discus and support Combining two different hard disks to extend C Drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello people. I'd noticed that my first hard disk 2TB had only 300 GB of space left on it. I've installed a second hard disk of the exact same space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kal-lon_Prime, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Combining two different hard disks to extend C Drive?

Hello people. I'd noticed that my first hard disk 2TB had only 300 GB of space left on it. I've installed a second hard disk of the exact same space and make into my computer now and I was wondering if it were possible to merge my second hard disk with the first one to give the C drive more space. If it turns out this isn't possible does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to start installing games and other things on my new disk? I don't really have the time or patience to start messing around with something I don't really understand all too well so any feedback would be appreciated.

I heard about something called a dynamic drive but there's some kind of warning about not being able to boot up windows from either of these drives if I attempted to do that? My motherboard supports 6 hard disks but I can only fit 2 disks in to the computer physically, so getting a third hard disk isn't really an option for me lol.

If you can, please try to explain simply. I have a smooth brain and it does not understand technobabble.

:)

Kal-lon_Prime, Feb 5, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Anwille Win User
    extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Combining two different hard disks to extend C Drive?

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CCombining two different hard disks to extend C Drive? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Combining two different hard disks to extend C Drive?

1. Combining two different hard disks to extend C Drive? - Similar Threads - Combining different hard

2. How to combine hard drives of different sizes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to combine hard drives of different sizes?: HiI have a myriad of hard drives accumulated over the years, of sizes: 2 of 1TB, 1 of 2TB, 2 of 4TB.The optimal setup would be using 3 drives of 4TB in RAID5, using a spanned drive of the 1TB and 2TB drives.Is that possible somehow?I'm using build 23493 of windows 11...
  3. How to combine hard drives of different sizes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to combine hard drives of different sizes?: HiI have a myriad of hard drives accumulated over the years, of sizes: 2 of 1TB, 1 of 2TB, 2 of 4TB.The optimal setup would be using 3 drives of 4TB in RAID5, using a spanned drive of the 1TB and 2TB drives.Is that possible somehow?I'm using build 23493 of windows 11...
  4. I have two different disks and completely don't know how to extend C driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two different disks and completely don't know how to extend C driver: Hello, guys!I have a serious problem these days.I purchased Dell desktop in 2019 and upgraded to Windows 11 successfully. At that time, my C driver had 30 or 40 GB remaining space.But one day, as I didn't recognized it I checked out the remaining space and there were only 2...
  5. I have two different disks and completely don't know how to extend C driver

I have two different disks and completely don't know how to extend C driver: Hello, guys!I have a serious problem these days.I purchased Dell desktop in 2019 and upgraded to Windows 11 successfully. At that time, my C driver had 30 or 40 GB remaining space.But one day, as I didn't recognized it I checked out the remaining space and there were only 2...
  6. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  7. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  8. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

9. Extending disk space in drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending disk space in drive c: I want to extend my disk space in c but in the disk management I have a healthy oem partition in between which I can't delete or is it ok to delete this partition? So how to increase the disk space in c? here is the screenshot of the allocated disk space: [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows and Linux (Two different hard disks)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows and Linux (Two different hard disks): Hi there, I'm thinking to buy a new PC with a powerful core (i9) and a couple of hard disks: One for Windows 10 Home and one for Linux (probably CENTOS); caused my job. Can you please advise me about how to proceed with the installation? Is it better to unplug the hard disk...