Windows 10: Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone

Discus and support Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I got a Kingtop 3.5mm combo adapter, and it said it was compatible with gaming headsets. I tried it out, and the headphones are working fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by L3Scat, Jun 6, 2020.

1. L3Scat Win User

Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone

So, I got a Kingtop 3.5mm combo adapter, and it said it was compatible with gaming headsets. I tried it out, and the headphones are working fine. Except the microphone. Instead of my headset microphone, it uses my laptop microphone. And my laptop mic is not good. So I need help with this problem.

:)

L3Scat, Jun 6, 2020

2. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack

My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone

the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "

It is really disapointing to see a well known software not have a built in driver for managing combo jacks (have the ability to choose what the jack is going to be used as |input , output| )

zeyhemdeadshot, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

The headset seems to have a TRRS plug. However, i did not think that would be a problem. I use the Alienware 17 laptop (planning to build a pc later this year), and it has 3 audio ports. They each have a diagram next to them. The diagrams (in order) are: A microphone, headphones, a headset (with the mic coming off of it). Because of the headset image, i would assume that it would be a TRRS port. That doesnt work though.

Aaeeschylus, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone

1. Combo headphone adapter not recognizing headset microphone - Similar Threads - Combo headphone adapter

2. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  3. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  4. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  5. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  6. Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset

Jack microphone not recognized after choosing Headphones over headset: Originally, I connected my headphones & got a notification that asked me what this type of device it was. I had two choices: "Headphones" or "Headset", so I choose Headphones. Now, when I connect my headset to the laptop, it treats it as a headphone and the headset's...
  7. Headphones Recognized as Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones Recognized as Microphone: Today when I plugged in my ear buds, a menu popped up: "which device did you plug in? Microphone, Headphones, etc." I accidently clicked Microphone, didn't realize it, and checked "don't show this again" and Done. Now, the device only shows up as a microphone no audio output....
  8. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  9. Headset Microphone not Recognized

Headset Microphone not Recognized: I am using a headset with two plugs for audio and microphone individually, and I use an adapter that turns them into a single 3.5mm jack. For some reason, I can hear the audio in my headset, but my microphone does not work. More specifically, the microphone doesn't even show...
  10. Question on microphone/headphone combo

Question on microphone/headphone combo: My niece bought me a microphone/headphone combination for my pc, but after I put in a new motherboard and windows 10 the microphone plug doesn't work on my front of the case, but it will work on the one in the back. Problem is the green headphone can't be used because the...