Windows 10: Combo jack How to force output only

Discus and support Combo jack How to force output only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i've been having this question since i use laptops, but now it started to bother me, because i use my earphones to chat on my pc, but the audio quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gabo Bustamante, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Combo jack How to force output only

i've been having this question since i use laptops, but now it started to bother me, because i use my earphones to chat on my pc, but the audio quality of the mic on them is really bad.

Is there a way to make windows not to recognize audio input from the jack?

:)

Gabo Bustamante, Nov 19, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.

The Lenovo site doesn't detail exactly what type of jack you have. It is listed as "combo jack". That could mean it can either be a headset OR mic jack, depending on what is plugged in. It could also mean it is the same type of jack that is on an iPhone that will take a combination Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve type plug for BOTH headset and mic.

As this is new, I would contact Lenovo support before going any further.

fireberd, Nov 19, 2018
  3. spinebird Win User
    1x Headphone/mic combo jack not working

Got the same issue. My laptop is Asus K401LB. 1x combo audio port. I have tried using combo jack audio splitter, but won't detect external microphone. Search google on it but nothing solve the problem. I really don't wanna use USB soundcard, so please
    fix this issue. Its diffrent using combo jack and USB soundcard.

spinebird, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Anak Win User

Combo jack How to force output only

Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.

The earbuds I have are for listening and mic and I will try contacting lenovo.
    Here's a pix of the plug:

Combo jack How to force output only [​IMG]

I did try a non-conductive probe to determine the depth of the receptacle and found that the depth and length of the plug match, but I'm still leery about using excessive force trying to seat the plug.

Thema:

Combo jack How to force output only

1. Combo jack How to force output only - Similar Threads - Combo jack force

2. how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input: i have a device that is a mic but is recognized as a speaker due to the combo jack. i heard i can fix it by changing the jack to only accept input...
  3. how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn a combo jack to only accept mic input: i have a device that is a mic but is recognized as a speaker due to the combo jack. i heard i can fix it by changing the jack to only accept input...
  4. How to force output HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force output HDR: Hi there,So months ago I had connected my TV to my computer with an HDMI cable and played 4k60 HDR just fine. This was the reason I bought the TV after all, to play Destiny in HDR. Fast forward to today and a couple forced windows updates, and now my computer no longer...
  5. How to force output HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force output HDR: Hi there,So months ago I had connected my TV to my computer with an HDMI cable and played 4k60 HDR just fine. This was the reason I bought the TV after all, to play Destiny in HDR. Fast forward to today and a couple forced windows updates, and now my computer no longer...
  6. Combo Audio Jack on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combo Audio Jack on pc: I have a combo audio jack on my pc Vostro 3681 by dell, and my headset HyperX Cloud stinger and looks like the mic is not working on my headset after SOME windows update. idk what was it too much updates. did windows update actually did something? if there`s some solution,...
  7. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  8. Speakers not connecting to combo jack

Speakers not connecting to combo jack: So my laptop has only combo jack and when I try to plug in the speakers they don't work and don't even show up as an output device in the sound settings....
  9. Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.

Earbud Combo-Jack won't fit.: I have a new laptop (and see specs) that I'm slowly learning to use and I'm having a problem inserting the 3.5mm combojack (CJ) into the jack's receptacle, has anyone ran across this? I'm pretty sure I can't hear sound from the earbuds because when I have the CJ in as far...
  10. Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Microphone not working with combo audio jack: My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows force combo audio jack to input