Windows 10: Comcast will be not providing FREE Norton Anti Virus any longer Jan 1 2021?

Discus and support Comcast will be not providing FREE Norton Anti Virus any longer Jan 1 2021? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does Microsoft Defender antivirus do the same protection? Or do I now need to buy a new antivirus program? How do i find out if I have Defender already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdGianini, Nov 26, 2020.

1. EdGianini Win User

Comcast will be not providing FREE Norton Anti Virus any longer Jan 1 2021?

Does Microsoft Defender antivirus do the same protection? Or do I now need to buy a new antivirus program? How do i find out if I have Defender already on my Desktop? I already have Malewarebites pro.

:)

EdGianini, Nov 26, 2020

2. Norton Anti Virus

I am thinking about getting a new anti virus program. I am presently using ESET Nod32 anti virus and Malwarebytes anti malware. I don't believe these are doing much for me and I am wondering if someone could give me some advise on changing. I have Windows
    10 and am looking at Norton as a replacement. I have had Norton in the past and got rid of it because it slowed my computer down. I am looking at Norton Security Standard, which I understand is a new and improved program. This is new for 2016. Could anyone
    tell me if they have this program and would they recommend it. Thanks in advance.

ThomasHigginsWP, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Dorene14 Win User
    MacAfee, Norton anti virus

I was able to uninstall the Norton program but cant seem to uninstall McAfee. When I select and try to uninstall it says wait til the program finishes (or something similar) but this has been a long while and nothing seems to happen. (I rebooted and same
    thing happens.) I tried to follow instructions on how to remove McAfee products from a PC (I don't know if m PC is running Linux. It's an HP Pavillion with intel so I proceeded to Step 1.)

I selected Windows 10 but no success. Should I do Step 2, download MCPR. I assume I can search MCPR to get the download?

Another thing, after I uninstalled Norton, I was able to select Windows Defender from the programs list, but now that I am trying to remove McAfee, I can no longer see Windows Defender on the list.

Dorene14, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Comcast will be not providing FREE Norton Anti Virus any longer Jan 1 2021?

Windows 10 & Norton Virus

Windows 10 has its own protection and does not require anything else. Avoid using third party anti-virus solutions and cancel the Comcast Norton subscription..

Mike Hall... always, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Comcast will be not providing FREE Norton Anti Virus any longer Jan 1 2021?

1. Comcast will be not providing FREE Norton Anti Virus any longer Jan 1 2021? - Similar Threads - Comcast providing FREE

2. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions: I always scan my computer with AVG every night, using a smart scan, but I have been noticing that files that it comes up with in "junk files" in the performance issues section of the scan has been going down. I'm worried that AVG is deleting important files, because my...
  3. Norton monthly subscription for anti-virus....$10.91 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton monthly subscription for anti-virus....$10.91 ?: What happened to my Norton anti-virus monthly subscription of $10.91 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-monthly-subscription-for-anti-virus1091/6cbe7132-095d-4140-855b-81650805fcf8
  4. Best free anti-virus for Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best free anti-virus for Windows?: I have been using Avast but it's their relentless plugging of services and unwanted apps is what annoys me. Today it gave me an update notification saying it's been updated to latest version, and there was Okay button. What I failed to notice is the pre checked checkbox at...
  5. Norton for Comcast

Norton for Comcast: How do I install Norton for Comcast users on Windows10S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-for-comcast/591dfb22-2954-423e-8b2a-3421aa9eea8e
  6. Looking for Free Anti-Virus

Looking for Free Anti-Virus: Does any user recommend a free safe and effective virus scan and remover? [Original Title: free antivirus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/looking-for-free-anti-virus/d94a80f9-b74b-4ff2-9bbe-5f54d6106b66
  7. free anti virus program

free anti virus program: some time ago i asked about what were some free antivirus programs. and you pointed me to avast, and a few others. i did not jot then down and i did have them in a folder on a thumb drive, but i put that thumb into my netgear modem to use as a place to put these types of...
  8. Free anti virus protection

Free anti virus protection: Hello, I need to know how to get your free anti virus protection on this laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_scanner-protect_scanning-windows_10/free-anti-virus-protection/18ed61d7-9071-4541-bd17-c905c3023dca
  9. Avira Free Anti virus

Avira Free Anti virus: A friend at work asked me have I ever used Avire Free Anti virus (he husband put it on her laptop) I said no but I can look at it, so installed and up to now I quite like it. I do know some Iffy sites so a little test and I will see how Avire handles it *Smile Avire UI and...
  10. Announcing Kaspersky Free Anti-Virus

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Kaspersky Free Anti-Virus: Hi folks! I’ve some fantastic, earth-shattering-saving news: we’re announcing the global launch of Kaspersky Free, which, as you may have guessed by the title, is completely free-of-charge! Oh my giveaway! [img] We’ve been working on this release for a good...