Windows 10: comcast xb6a modem

Discus and support comcast xb6a modem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi all just to ask I just got 2 xb6a comcast modems , the prob i have is my wifi is fast 300.0 down 23.0 up but my wired is 112.0 down and 3.45 up i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ocir, Jan 9, 2018.

1. ocir Win User

comcast xb6a modem

hi all just to ask I just got 2 xb6a comcast modems , the prob i have is my wifi is fast 300.0 down 23.0 up
    but my wired is 112.0 down and 3.45 up
    i tried new cables and a other xb6a no change
    but when i use my old netgear cm600 and a asus rt66u,i know its old ,
    I get wifi 300.00 down and 23.00up and wired 300.00 down and 23.00 up
    I got the xb6 because we had a storm and it killed my netgear ac3200 router the asus i have is old and has no range but works
    I used cat 5a and 6a i hear some peps say to use cat7
    what do yall think

:)

ocir, Jan 9, 2018
  2. pax418 Win User

Error show (0x8024402f) in Window 10 Pro

For those that use Comcast I discovered that having a Comcast gateway/modem/router set to bridge mode was causing Defender and Update to fail. Once I reset the Comcast gateway to the default mode updates
    started flowing again.

pax418, Jan 9, 2018
  3. pax418 Win User
    Windows Update Error 0x8024402F

For those that use Comcast I discovered that having a Comcast gateway/modem/router set to bridge mode was causing Defender and Update to fail. Once I reset the Comcast gateway to the default mode updates started flowing again.

pax418, Jan 9, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

comcast xb6a modem

On settings for the network card is it set to full duplex as that often slows it down as some things can't keep up

Samuria, Jan 9, 2018
  5. ocir Win User
    on the motherboard asus z170,,, how can i check
    just to add the xb6a is a 1000 gig modum

ocir, Jan 9, 2018
  6. fireberd Win User
    Since you are using the same PC and with one modem it is one speed and with the new modem a different speed, it would appear to be something in the Modem. Possibly a setup in the modem?

I notice you have posted in other forums about this problem.

fireberd, Jan 9, 2018
  7. ocir Win User
    I notice you have posted in other forums about this problem.[/QUOTE]
    this is the first post i made of this

ocir, Jan 9, 2018
  8. comcast xb6a modem

There's almost zero information about the XB6 online, not even a manual. So you may be better off posting in the Comcast forums.

Have you tried running pings on wired and wifi (ping -t google.com)? I'm curious if you see higher pings/packetloss on wired.

PolarNettles, Jan 9, 2018
  9. ocir Win User

ocir, Jan 9, 2018
  10. Can you run pings on both wired and wifi for a few minutes to compare the average latency/packetloss between them?

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

comcast xb6a modem

1. comcast xb6a modem - Similar Threads - comcast xb6a modem

2. Comcast email icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comcast email icon: I have Windows 10 on my new laptop, using microsoft edge. how do i get an icon for comcast email? it's not in the start menu. RIght now, I have it in my favorites bar, but it would be more convenient in my task bar. I'm not crazy about Windows Mail....
  3. Comcast email icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comcast email icon: I have Windows 10 on my new laptop, using microsoft edge. how do i get an icon for comcast email? it's not in the start menu. RIght now, I have it in my favorites bar, but it would be more convenient in my task bar. I'm not crazy about Windows Mail....
  4. Comcast email icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. comcast customer to download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    comcast customer to download: comcast customer to get free Norton https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/comcast-customer-to-download/b3e8871a-996d-4bdc-aea2-ad00cb415fb0
  6. Norton for Comcast

Norton for Comcast: How do I install Norton for Comcast users on Windows10S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-for-comcast/591dfb22-2954-423e-8b2a-3421aa9eea8e
  7. Question About Lights on Updated Comcast Modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question About Lights on Updated Comcast Modem: I didn't know where to post this question, please excuse me if it's in the wrong forum. I have a windows 10 desktop with Comcast internet service. They sent me a letter awhile back that I needed to update my old modem with their new one. Yesterday I went to their store and...
  8. Question About Lights on Updated Comcast Modem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question About Lights on Updated Comcast Modem: I didn't know where to post this question, please excuse me if it's in the wrong forum. I have a windows 10 desktop with Comcast internet service. They sent me a letter awhile back that I needed to update my old modem with their new one. Yesterday I went to their store and...
  9. Comcast windows 10

Comcast windows 10: I have been using the Windows 10 firewall and Defender.I was reading about a clean install at youtube and got 9 trojans. it is a very good thing I have MBAM installed as it removed all after quarantine. Although the choice of protection is subjective, I need advice because I...
  10. Comcast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comcast: Hello I have a gateway from Comcast which has a router within. I noticed the SSID was different so I went to the router and it was open without using my password. The set up appeared different too. I had typed 10.0...... and it opened to my account without using a password....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xb6a manual