Windows 10: comdlg32.ocx

Discus and support comdlg32.ocx in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a program in VB6. When I try to run it, I get an error relating to comctl32.ocx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chandran2308, Sep 18, 2018.

1. comdlg32.ocx

I have a program in VB6. When I try to run it, I get an error relating to comctl32.ocx

:)

Chandran2308, Sep 18, 2018

2. comdlg32.ocx Help

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration when things don't work as expected.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

When you install software that uses the comdlg32.ocx, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your OCX file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a "comdlg32.ocx not registered" error. Fortunately,
    you can use a built-in utility called "Microsoft Register Server" (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your comdlg32.ocx file.

How to re-register comdlg32.ocx from an elevated command prompt (Windows 10).

• Click the Start button.
    • Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit
      ENTER yet!
    • While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit
      ENTER
    • You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
    • Click Yes.
    • Type the following command: regsvr32 /u comdlg32.ocx.
    • Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.
    • Type the following command: regsvr32 /i comdlg32.ocx.
    • Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file.
    • Close the command prompt window.
    Re-start the program associated with comdlg32.ocx error.

Hope this helps resolving the issue, if issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 18, 2018
  3. comdlg32.ocx in Windows 10

Running the command as administrator:-

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>regsvr32 /u Comdlg32.ocx (Enter)

got the following:-

DllUnregisterServer in Comdlg32.ocx succeeded.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>regsvr32 /i Comdlg32.ocx (Enter)

got the following:-

The module "Comdlg32.ocx" was loaded but the entry-point Dllinstall was not found.

Make sure that "Comdlg32.ocx" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

Tried the programm and it ran just fine.

Many, many thanks as this has been frustrating me for some time.

Best regards,

Kevin.

KevinShires, Sep 18, 2018
  4. comdlg32.ocx

comdlg32.ocx; file is missing or invalid

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Which all troubleshooting steps you have tried?

2) What is the make and model of your System?

This issue might occur if of the files related to .net framework got corrupted.

I suggest you to Re-register comdlg32.ocx file from an elevated command prompt.

Follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows key + X, and select Command prompt (Admin).

2) Type the following command and hit Enter after each one:

regsvr32 /u Comdlg32.ocx

regsvr32 /i Comdlg32.ocx

3) Close the command prompt and then try to run the program.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

comdlg32.ocx

1. comdlg32.ocx - Similar Threads - comdlg32 ocx

2. Component 'COMDLG32.ocx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Component 'COMDLG32.ocx: Component 'COMDLG32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/component-comdlg32ocx/f02f6145-9118-41db-883b-da0399b9371a
  3. Component 'COMDLG32.ocx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Component 'COMDLG32.ocx: Component 'COMDLG32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/component-comdlg32ocx/f02f6145-9118-41db-883b-da0399b9371a
  4. How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX": I continue to get this message, "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" It is stopping me from running a program that all of my coworkers have no issues running....
  5. How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX": I continue to get this message, "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" It is stopping me from running a program that all of my coworkers have no issues running....
  6. How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11: [IMG]The COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error can occur on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer when you attempt to run a program created using Visual Basic 6.0. This post provides the most suitable solutions affected PC users can apply to successfully fix this...
  8. COMDLG32.OCX missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMDLG32.OCX missing: Hi, I was trying to run a program, but it says that COMDLG32.OCX is missing. Looking for answers, I couldn't find one that solves the issue as it is missing from SysWOW64 and Sys32 as trying to register the file results in a message saying it can't be found and it isn't...
  9. COMDLG32.ocx file is missing or in invalid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMDLG32.ocx file is missing or in invalid: I am trying to use the program EnergyPlus V3, previously used on my Vista, on my new computer woth Windows 10 and have got the following message Component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid I checked in SysWOW64...
  10. Where do I find this file with " ComDlg32.OCX " in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Where do I find this file with " ComDlg32.OCX " in Windows 10: Earlier today I was trying to run two different applications not Microsoft and both came up with an error: Run-time error 339 Component 'ComDlg32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid. My computer is running on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. register comdlg32.ocx

2. debug comdlg32.ocx

3. comdlg32 in vb6

4. the module tabctl32.ocx was loaded but the entry-point DllInstall was not found,
  5. comdlg32.ocx was loaded but entry point