Windows 10: comm ports in widows 10

Discus and support comm ports in widows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed com1 on my win10 laptop, has the correct irq and memory resources but tells me that the device can't find enough resources that it can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PursuedGorgon23, Dec 9, 2022.

1. comm ports in widows 10

I have installed com1 on my win10 laptop, has the correct irq and memory resources but tells me that the device can't find enough resources that it can use. I need to disable one of the other devices on the system.Dell Latitude E5440com1 IRQ 4 resources 3F8-3FFWindows 10 HomeI need this com port in order to program PICAXE chipsanybody help with a solution please?

:)

PursuedGorgon23, Dec 9, 2022
  2. BobWZ Win User

Comm ports

Hi - I have a marine navigation system that will only work on COMM port ONE or TWO.

On Windows 7 I have Franson GPS Gate 2.6 doing the virtual comm port job for me.

The question -

1) Is Window 10 still using virtual comm ports?

2) If so does anyone know of a virtual comm port manager like the Franson type gate that'll work with Windows 10 cus Franson won't.

The critical thing is that my GPS Navigator will only work on Port 1 or 2.

Best regards and thanks in anticipation.

Bob.

BobWZ, Dec 9, 2022
  3. Legacy equipment using COMM port

Many of my customers now use a USB Gear to enable use with USB converter to RS-232 COMM port. I have always set this up in device manager under PORTS. MS eliminated it in the listing of devices on the latest PCs. Previous suggestion to find legacy under
    Action, they now just give Help. No luck there. Am I finally out of luck with the converter?

WilliamDoenges, Dec 9, 2022
  4. comm ports in widows 10

Profilic USB-to-Serial comm port driver is not working

Hi Chancel,

To help us to determine as to why the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port on your computer is not working, I suggest checking the status of the device in Device Manager. Here's how:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) category.
    3. Right-click on your Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port and click
      Properties.
    4. Under General, look for the Device status.

You may also run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. This automated troubleshooter will also help identify and fix issues that it finds.

1. Navigate to Settings > Update & Security.
    2. Click Troubleshoot.
    3. Under Find and fix other problems, click Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Will be waiting for your response so I can help you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 9, 2022
Thema:

comm ports in widows 10

1. comm ports in widows 10 - Similar Threads - comm ports widows

2. comm ports in widows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    comm ports in widows 10: I have installed com1 on my win10 laptop, has the correct irq and memory resources but tells me that the device can't find enough resources that it can use. I need to disable one of the other devices on the system.Dell Latitude E5440com1 IRQ 4 resources 3F8-3FFWindows 10...
  3. comm ports in widows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    comm ports in widows 10: I have installed com1 on my win10 laptop, has the correct irq and memory resources but tells me that the device can't find enough resources that it can use. I need to disable one of the other devices on the system.Dell Latitude E5440com1 IRQ 4 resources 3F8-3FFWindows 10...
  4. comm port problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    comm port problem: I have just managed to re-install comm port 1 on my win 10 laptop Dell Latitude E5440 This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. Code 12 If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.how can I resolve...
  5. comm port problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    comm port problem: I have just managed to re-install comm port 1 on my win 10 laptop Dell Latitude E5440 This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. Code 12 If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.how can I resolve...
  6. comm port problem

7. No Comm Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Comm Port: I am trying to program radios with my computer. I have windows 11.When I load the driver or I guess try to I cannot see any comm ports in Device Manager.How do i resolve this issue?...
  8. No Comm Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Comm Port: I am trying to program radios with my computer. I have windows 11.When I load the driver or I guess try to I cannot see any comm ports in Device Manager.How do i resolve this issue?...
  9. Windows 10 comm ports again

Windows 10 comm ports again: Trying to install comm port in windows 10. Through device manager installed "legacy" comm port. However, comm port reports it can't open because of a "problem". Not being a programmer, I don't know how to fix this. Is it time to take it to the shop or is there a...
  10. COMM Port not available

COMM Port not available: Can not connect an Ender 3 to W10. I understand it is a serial port problem. Do not know how to solve this. Any help will be appreciated. Tried to install Prolific serial port, no luck. Tried W10 update, no luck. Tried other means with no luck. Different USB cables did not...