Windows 10: Comma key not working no matter the keyboard.

Discus and support Comma key not working no matter the keyboard. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not matter what keyboard I use my comma button is not working. I have already changed the key binding in the Nvidea GEFORCE overlay and it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SkyRady, Oct 20, 2021.

1. SkyRady Win User

Comma key not working no matter the keyboard.

Not matter what keyboard I use my comma button is not working. I have already changed the key binding in the Nvidea GEFORCE overlay and it still doesn't work. What do I do?

:)

SkyRady, Oct 20, 2021

2. Comma key is not working

The problem is that the "comma" key doesn't work. When I push the button, nothing happens. I can use the "<" symbol on the same button by pressing it with the shift, but nothing happens when I push the comma by itself.

I tried On-Screen Keyboard, and the comma key was not working there either.

I have been copy-pasting commas into were I need them.

NOTICE: I have found the solution to this problem, and that's why I am making this thread for others to benefit as well.

SOLUTION:

the problem seemed to be with NVIDIA. And turned out to have a very simple solution. You do not have to uninstall anything.

you only have to

1. Open NVIDIA GeForce Experience
    2. Go into the overlay settings
    3. Keyboard shortcuts
    4. By default, the comma key is assigned to something in there. (for me it was muting the mic)
    5. Change that key to something else or unassign it (none) by pressing backspace.
    the problem should be fixed

Potato Slayer, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Can cot type "comma" but "<" key is working (shift + comma)

Like I said: "Can cot type "comma" but "<" key is working (shift + comma). Even on On-Screen Keyboard I'm not able to type "comma""

Shift key + comma key = < which I can type anytime I like. Without holding down shift key and pressing the same key does not give any result. I repeat myself even on On-Screen Keyboard the result is the same

GiorgiGhurtskaia, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Comma key not working no matter the keyboard.

Can cot type "comma" but "<" key is working (shift + comma)

Can cot type "comma" but "<" key is working (shift + comma). Even on On-Screen Keyboard I'm not able to type "comma"

Any advice?

GiorgiGhurtskaia, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Comma key not working no matter the keyboard.

1. Comma key not working no matter the keyboard. - Similar Threads - Comma key working

2. bluetooth ms keyboard 6000 comma and parentheses key don't work random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth ms keyboard 6000 comma and parentheses key don't work random: i spilled some water on this keyboard. worked fine except the right bracket didn't work. the key just didn't work for shift but worked for the 0 on the key. Then the comma stopped working after the started again! what is this random shifting key not working?...
  3. bluetooth ms keyboard 6000 comma and parentheses key don't work random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth ms keyboard 6000 comma and parentheses key don't work random: i spilled some water on this keyboard. worked fine except the right bracket didn't work. the key just didn't work for shift but worked for the 0 on the key. Then the comma stopped working after the started again! what is this random shifting key not working?...
  4. Comma key not working no matter the keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comma key not working no matter the keyboard.: Not matter what keyboard I use my comma button is not working. I have already changed the key binding in the Nvidea GEFORCE overlay and it still doesn't work. What do I do?...
  5. Comma key not working no matter the keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Comma key not working no matter the keyboard.: Not matter what keyboard I use my comma button is not working. I have already changed the key binding in the Nvidea GEFORCE overlay and it still doesn't work. What do I do?...
  6. Comma Key on All Keyboards not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Comma Key on All Keyboards not Working: Hello guys, so my comma key doesn’t work on any of my keyboards on my main PC. I tried both on my laptop and they both work there. I’m not sure when the comma key stopped working but it’s been a few months for sure. The ‘Less-Than’ key doesn’t work either. However, they both...
  7. Comma key is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Comma key is not working: The problem is that the "comma" key doesn't work. When I push the button, nothing happens. I can use the "<" symbol on the same button by pressing it with the shift, but nothing happens when I push the comma by itself. I tried On-Screen Keyboard, and the comma key was not...
  8. Can cot type "comma" but "<" key is working (shift + comma)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can cot type "comma" but "<" key is working (shift + comma): Can cot type "comma" but "<" key is working (shift + comma). Even on On-Screen Keyboard I'm not able to type "comma" Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-cot-type-comma-but-key-is-working-shift-comma/946d8fd4-a3a4-4f04-ba42-03342256895b
  9. Chinese comma is not working

Chinese comma is not working: I faced this issue with my screen keyboard, I should say that this issue persists only on my screen keyboard rather than on my Logitech keyboard. This is the only issue I noticed...
  10. Chinese comma bottom on screen Keyboard doesn't work

Chinese comma bottom on screen Keyboard doesn't work: As title, When I press the Chinese comma bottom on screen keyboard, Nothing Happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-comma-bottom-on-screen-keyboard-doesnt/0734d7a7-cc37-44c2-a072-e615b430e9be