Windows 10: Command CMD crashes when trying to activate elevated admin account

Discus and support Command CMD crashes when trying to activate elevated admin account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HELPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to get the local family and other user accounts link to show up in Windows 10 and nothing I have done has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lysakowski, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Command CMD crashes when trying to activate elevated admin account

HELPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to get the local family and other user accounts link to show up in Windows 10 and nothing I have done has solved it yet. I am in Safe Mode right now and I still do not get the family and other user accounts information to come up, even after waiting 15 minutes.

None of the Microsoft staff have successfully answered this question.

The following command crashes the Command Prompt, whether in regular boot mode or Safe mode.

net user administrator /active:yes

I found the following on a non-microsoft forum and at least it explains the cause of the issue.

"To enable this account, open an elevated Command Prompt window and issue two commands. First, type net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter. Then type net user administrator <Password>, where <Password> is the actual password you want to use for this account.

Because the local Administrator account is a special account, you can't use it for everyday activities in Windows 10. No Windows Store apps will run, for example, and User Account Control is turned off. And although it's possible to work around those restrictions with some unsupported additional commands, the results can be unpalatable. For example, as soon as you attach a Microsoft account, the ability to switch back to a local account disappears."

:)

lysakowski, Oct 21, 2018

2. CMD crashes when trying to activate elevated admin account

So I've been wondering why the **** my HD sounds very loud and I tried to do some chkdsk's on drives C: and D:.

Well, on C: it worked, but I can't on D: cause my account has data on D:

I tried to activate the hidden admin account so that maybe I won't get a BSOD (with net user administrator /active:yes) and it didn't work. It said access denied for the first time and I tried one more time. Resulted in a CMD crash.

How the **** is that even possible ??

Note:

I'm running Windows 10 CU and I HAVE RAN CMD as administrator.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

wolfgamer77697, Oct 21, 2018
  3. alienware command center will not reload

Hi,

Thank you for updating on the status.

I suggest you to install using the built-in administrator account. To enable the built-in administrator account, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R”, type “cmd” and press Enter.
    • Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.
    Once the account is enabled, login to the Administrator account and install the software. If the installation is successful, check in your account if you can access.
    After the issue is solved, need to disable the in-built Administrator Account by typing the below command in
    elevated command prompt.

“net user administrator /active:no” and press Enter.

To open elevated command prompt:

· Right Click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Command CMD crashes when trying to activate elevated admin account

Need to activate admin account on Windows 10 PC.

Hi,

I realize that you need to activate admin account on Windows 10 PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the error message you get while trying to sign in?

• Are you trying to login to the Local account or the Microsoft account?

Boot the PC in safe mode and then follow these steps:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

• In the elevated Command Prompt, type the following command and then press Enter key.

• “Net user administrator /active:yes”.

The newly enabled built-in Administrator account can now be accessed by clicking your user account name in the Start and then clicking the Administrator account. This hidden Administer will now also appear on the login screen of Windows 10.

Tip: To disable the built-in Administrator account, type “Net user administrator /active:no” in the elevated Command Prompt.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Command CMD crashes when trying to activate elevated admin account

1. Command CMD crashes when trying to activate elevated admin account - Similar Threads - Command CMD crashes

2. "the requested operation requires elevation" results when trying to gain admin access. Did...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "the requested operation requires elevation" results when trying to gain admin access. Did...: I have been beating around the bush on this one for some time ... but now I'm desperate.I hope I have documented this appropriately here in this file stored on my MS Drive:https://1drv.ms/b/s!AsvFVTMrv4okgdYvkma-k997H8czOA?e=AhaKMh...
  3. "the requested operation requires elevation" results when trying to gain admin access. Did...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "the requested operation requires elevation" results when trying to gain admin access. Did...: I have been beating around the bush on this one for some time ... but now I'm desperate.I hope I have documented this appropriately here in this file stored on my MS Drive:https://1drv.ms/b/s!AsvFVTMrv4okgdYvkma-k997H8czOA?e=AhaKMh...
  4. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  5. Can't run CMD Prompt in ADMIN (Elevated) Mode - Clicking on RUN as ADMIN- Nothing happening...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run CMD Prompt in ADMIN (Elevated) Mode - Clicking on RUN as ADMIN- Nothing happening...: Hi, This is ticking me off! Nothing happens when I run CMD Prompt and Click on RUN as ADMIN- Nothing happening when RUN as ADMIN selected. What the heck is wrong? Thanks TekDiva...
  6. Error: Application has been disabled by System Admin when running Elevated command prompt...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error: Application has been disabled by System Admin when running Elevated command prompt...: Hello, I'm a system admin and I've just applied Windows 1809 security baseline to an OU for some new Windows 10 machines. When I try to run an elevated permission Command Prompt, I get a blue prompt indicating "This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact...
  7. Windows 10 - "Access is denied" even in Elevated Command Prompt when trying to redirect...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - "Access is denied" even in Elevated Command Prompt when trying to redirect...: I tried to run this command in my Boost source tree: ".\b2 --layout=versioned -d+2 --prefix=C:/Boost --build-dir=C:/Boost/build --build-type=complete > .", but it gave me an "Access is denied" error. Even in an Elevated Command Prompt. I've been having errors when trying...
  8. Elevated Admin Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Elevated Admin Access: Hi. Can someone help me figure out how to get elevated administrator access, so I can make changes and download items on my surface pro? I keep getting a pop up screen that I need elevated privileges, and I need to enter my pin, but there is no spot to enter the pin....
  9. Elevation error when trying to enter admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevation error when trying to enter admin password: whenever i try to enter my account info to run a file as an admin, it gives me the error that "this operation requires elevation." any ideas? 21511
  10. Admin elevation

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin elevation: I hate appearing stupid, but it is the only way I learn... I have two user accounts on this computer, one as Administrator and the other as, well, let's call it "me". Both are Administrator accounts. So why is it that I regularly am either told or asked to elevate...