Windows 10: command "dir \s \b" in Windows 10 cmd gives me "File Not Found" error

Discus and support command "dir \s \b" in Windows 10 cmd gives me "File Not Found" error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It is very strange that this file exists, even I copy and paste its address in run and the file openshttps://i.postimg.cc/j2RNkrrx/screenshot-32.png... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FNGeek, Mar 21, 2023.

1. FNGeek Win User

command "dir \s \b" in Windows 10 cmd gives me "File Not Found" error

It is very strange that this file exists, even I copy and paste its address in run and the file openshttps://i.postimg.cc/j2RNkrrx/screenshot-32.png

:)

FNGeek, Mar 21, 2023
  2. das10 Win User
    das10, Mar 21, 2023
  3. tfor Win User
    Dir command gives unexpected / unwanted results

If I open a command prompt window and give the command " dir *.xls", I also get all xlsm, xlsx, xlsq etc files. This behaviour is unwanted and illogical. it makes scripting hopelessly complex and unreliable. If I wanted those files, I would issue a "dir *.xls?" command.

For the record: *.xlsq is NOT an existing Excel extension. I created an empty file with that extension to test this behaviour.

Issuing the command "dir *.xl" gives me no results.

Is there any way to make Windows list only .xls files, and not .xls? files?

I suppose the same applies to Word and PowerPoint files. I have not tested this yet.

4. gokart2 Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

• [/quote]

gokart2, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

1. command "dir \s \b" in Windows 10 cmd gives me "File Not Found" error - Similar Threads - command dir cmd

2. "dir/s/b" Command Prompt not picking-up all the files in a directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "dir/s/b" Command Prompt not picking-up all the files in a directory.: I'm using the command in Command Prompt that goes "[a directory] > dir/s/b > [to a text-file]". When applying this to certain folders in the Windows OS—"C:\Users\Administrator\""C:\ProgramData\Packages\""C:\Windows\ServiceState\"in particular—it doesn't manage to get the...
  3. "dir/s/b" Command Prompt not picking-up all the files in a directory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "dir/s/b" Command Prompt not picking-up all the files in a directory.: I'm using the command in Command Prompt that goes "[a directory] > dir/s/b > [to a text-file]". When applying this to certain folders in the Windows OS—"C:\Users\Administrator\""C:\ProgramData\Packages\""C:\Windows\ServiceState\"in particular—it doesn't manage to get the...
  4. DIR Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIR Command: dir /A:D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory. I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too....
  5. DIR Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DIR Command: dir /A:D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory. I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too....
  6. command "dir \s \b" in Windows 10 cmd gives me "File Not Found" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    command "dir \s \b" in Windows 10 cmd gives me "File Not Found" error: It is very strange that this file exists, even I copy and paste its address in run and the file openshttps://i.postimg.cc/j2RNkrrx/screenshot-32.png...
  7. command "dir \s \b" in Windows 10 cmd gives me "File Not Found" error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command "dir \s \b" in Windows 10 cmd gives me "File Not Found" error: It is very strange that this file exists, even I copy and paste its address in run and the file openshttps://i.postimg.cc/j2RNkrrx/screenshot-32.png...
  8. DIR commands

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DIR commands: So recently I used the DIR commands to be able to see hidden and Invisible files, is there any way to revert this? submitted by /u/Creeper_King_558 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inyfq2/dir_commands/
  9. Dir command gives unexpected / unwanted results

in Windows 10 Support
    Dir command gives unexpected / unwanted results: If I open a command prompt window and give the command " dir *.xls", I also get all xlsm, xlsx, xlsq etc files. This behaviour is unwanted and illogical. it makes scripting hopelessly complex and unreliable. If I wanted those files, I would issue a "dir *.xls?" command. For...
  10. command line to copy files from dir A to B but skip existing ones

in Windows 10 Support
    command line to copy files from dir A to B but skip existing ones: Hi there Is there a Windows command that can copy files from say directory A to directory B but skip any with the same name I don't want to update even if say directory A has a newer version than directory B --simply use existing names --if it exists skip. I'm trying to...